Author Topic: Crazy E-brake problem  (Read 1091 times)

Offline 1979 WS6

Crazy E-brake problem
« on: September 28, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
Ok put new rear calipers on my 79 T/A. I have done this many times on other cars but man this Pontiac is different. The spring on the psngr side e-brake went on easily. But the drivers side is being a bitch. Is this spring supposed to be extended like the psngr side or is it depressed a bit? I put it on but it looks completely opposite as to how the cable hooks up to it? On the drivers side is the e-brake supposed to pull to the front (from the lower) to engage the "stop"? The little "bulge" on the e-brake arm faces out correct? If I remember correctly that would make the bend face to the inside. Actually if anyone has a close pic of how this is supposed to look it would be great. Almost wish this was a rear drum car with the crap that has to be done. Anyway... best thing would be a pic if anyone has one. This is a no brainer actually, but for some reason it is not looking right to me. The calipers are correct and put on correct sides so just baffled as to why this won't work for me. Any help and pics would be greatly appreciated. Have a hanes manual but is useless as it only shows rear drums... no rear discs.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:55:08 PM by 1979 WS6 »

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
Re: Crazy E-brake problem
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:36:16 AM »
Maybe these pics will help. The closeup is the driver side.

Steve F.

Offline SavingTheBird76

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:50:40 PM »
More info on the rear end/brake install?
Pics?
Nice job on the install...gives me something to shoot for.
I need to start thinking about rear end/suspension/brake upgrades.
Sorry for the high jack. ;D
HAVE YOU SMOKED A MUSTANG TODAY?

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 02:02:12 PM »
They are pics that I saved of someone else's nice work, so I can't take credit for it.
Steve F.