Author Topic: I need pictures of your A/C boxes under your hoods!!!!  (Read 963 times)

Offline ryeguy2006a

I need pictures of your A/C boxes under your hoods!!!!
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:19:24 PM »
I have run into a stumbling block here and I want to see what you guys have done with your A/C boxes. I sanded mine down and then painted it but you can see all the fibers from the fiberglass. It looks like someone sprinkled a bunch of fibers on the paint? >:( Please help me out, I don't know if I should start over and sand it down again and then repaint it or what.

Thanks,

Ryan

1976 Trans Am 406(.030 over) 4 speed, Dual Cooling fan, C5 front Brakes, Custom Rims
Build thread: http://transamcountry.com/community/index.php?topic=24465.0

Offline ddmurdock

Re: I need pictures of your A/C boxes under your hoods!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »
That is all that we did to my box.  We were told that is the way they came from the factory, and that is the look that we were going for.  After we were finished someone said that we should have sprayed the box with clear coat and it would have looked better.  I don't doubt that, but it would have gone against what we were looking for.  I'd say it depends on the look that you want. 

Murdock.
'77 SE Y82 L78 for show
'95 Y82 for go
'98 WS6 SGM 1 of 26

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 11:54:04 PM »
Yes, the fibers are plainly visible on the part from the factory.

Offline bigty88

• 1978 SE Y88
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 06:45:02 AM »
Fibers are showing on mine as well,  I used very fine steel wool on mine and it came out perfect.  No paint... nothing.  It takes time,  but the results are worth it.

Tommy