Author Topic: Ft. Worth Cowtown Cruisin' for a cure  (Read 995 times)

Offline skisix38off

Ft. Worth Cowtown Cruisin' for a cure
« on: September 20, 2010, 08:06:27 AM »
This was a large show, with 550 cars in attendance- 3 TA's total.  There were a bunch of Pontiacs there though, a lot of GTO's from the years and some 1st gen Firebirds, Camero's, the high turnout of Mustangs were there two.  Really, all the muscle was represented nicely.  A 1971 Super Bee parked next to me...

Greg

[attachment deleted by admin over 90 days old]
1978 Y88 L78 auto, PW
Greg

Offline skisix38off

Re: Ft. Worth Cowtown Cruisin' for a cure
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 08:06:59 AM »
some more...

1978 Y88 L78 auto, PW
Greg

Offline skisix38off

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »
And lastly...  I have been working on these wheels on and off for some time now and I finally got them finished enough to feel like they would be nice on the car.  I am super pleased how they turned out and they completely change the look.

Hammer- I know they are not factory correct but, I like this look better and just for you I have the other set in the ready for refinishing to be factory correct.  You'll have to wait a year though as I'm tired of snowflakes.

The second picture,  the wheel on the left is what I started with, the wheel on the right has had stage 1 polishing completed.

1978 Y88 L78 auto, PW
Greg

Offline skisix38off

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:58:16 PM »
Greg, the entire car looks awesome.  You should be very very proud.  I remember seeing the car when you first bought it.  You've been a busy boy and NICE WORK!

Thanks Hammer, I still remember all the cars you educated me about during my search.  Doesn't seem like that long ago but I've now had this car for a year and a couple weeks now.  I've learned a lot of stuff in that year and have so much more to learn.
I'm very proud of the progress I've made with the car.  My son and I were talking to someone at the show, we had never met this person before, and he asked if we had a car in the show and my son told him "our" car is the gold Trans Am around the corner.  He said "is it that really nice one?".  That blew me away, and I was speachless for a moment.
1978 Y88 L78 auto, PW
Greg