Author Topic: Tick, tick, tick, tick.....time is running out and I don't have the parts!  (Read 1146 times)

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
I wanted to touch base with all of you to let you know, that we have run into some problems with the shipment of the leaf springs.

2 packages, one is the hardware and one set of leaf springs is 4 hours away from us in Greensboro.

The 3rd package which contains the other leaf spring is stuck in NJ!! :o

UPS tells me that there is a problem with the box and the weight, which I can't figure out, because the other box that contains the springs is 10oz lighter than the one that is stuck in NJ.

One of my girlfriends said "let's take a drive and just go get them"!
Can't do that according to UPS.  It is in "their" possesion and will not release them to me even with proper identification.

Needless to say, the car is being flatbeded tomorrow morning to the shop.  

All items were supposed to be here Monday and we paid extra to get them here for 2 day shipping.  Frank ordered them Wed. night.

So, with that said, I am just going to tell our mechanic to go ahead and remove everything and by the afternoon, the two boxes should be here, and the 3rd one on Tues.
(I'm going to play a dumb blonde ;D and say, "ut oh, the other box won't be here till Tues.  Just got word about that.)

Talk about cutting it close, AND we have yet to take it for a long run to check out the new gears!! :o
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 06:27:21 PM by '78 LadyBird »
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Good luck.  It's frustrating dealing with shippers like FedEx and UPS when you have an "exception".  Their systems work great 95% of the time but when something goes awry they're like the kids who ride the short bus.  I have yet to find a way to intervene in their process that's effective.

Offline coreyvett

They wont give you your parts if you go to them, Thats bull, they sound like a bunch of jerks. they should give you the extra money back that you paid for rush shipping.If i would have drove to them to get my parts and they wouldnt give them to me I would have opened a fresh can of wup azz on them.
If this is how UPS treats there customers than I am no longer one of there customers.
From the last year 4 out of 10 things i have purchased , i have been ripped off one way or another.most of it is either getting the wrong part from autozone or advanced auto or a radio,a dvd,a cordless mouse ect from walmart.i live 40 minutes away from anything and i have to make a trip to buy it and another trip to exchange it.
Nobody cares about quality or customer satisfaction anymore. everything is shipped here on a boat and pushed on us or sold to us with only the thought of a sale for the day.Who cares if you come back and buy anything again "i made a sale for the day"
when i need a part for my cars I go to napa or another local parts store that has been here for years and i wait to talk to the oldest person there.They will double and tripple check to make sure they give you the right part,i have even had them call me at home to make sure everything is right. Not to many people like that around anymore.
Wow I really started ranting didnt I. sorry about that ,but it gets me amped up wen i or other people get ripped off on something they paid for or paid to have something done.
It looks like i got a new one to ad to my hell no list. Autozone (in my area), Walmart, and now UPS
1981 formula
1950 dodge wayferer
1953 plymouth cranbrook
2000 silverado
1993 springer
1927 dodge brothers
1967 lemans

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
Hmm that's strange. I know my sister went to a UPS facility in Buffalo after they tried a couple times to deliver a package and couldn't because she wasn't there to sign for it. When she showed up, she signed and took the package with her. No muss, no fuss.

I know before I signed off on UPS leaving packages at the house that the slip they left said they'd try again the next day OR I could go to where the package was and grab it myself.

Maybe its because they haven't tried delivering it to you yet Heidi?? IF I were you OR Frank I would be calling the place I ordered the springs from and be demanding a refund on the overnight shipping as clearly they haven't delivered on that part.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Yes, Brian you can do that IF they have tried to deliver the item and you are not home.

In our case it was they didn't try to deliver it yet, we were trying to get it from their facility out of our town or state.

See?  :-)
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi