Author Topic: auto shifter bezel on a 1980  (Read 1722 times)

Offline garyg

auto shifter bezel on a 1980
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:34:25 AM »
My shifter bezel ,lense and backing plate came loose in a box when I bought the car. The corner is broken off the bezel. Having never seen a good one, how is the lense attached ?
Is there a rubber boot that covers the hole where the shift lever goes? How does the light
socket attach ,mine just hangs there. I must be missing something. Since I need a new 
console selector and related parts maybe I should just get a B&M mega shifter it probably
would be cheaper or are they junk?

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
Steve F.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: auto shifter bezel on a 1980
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:16:27 AM »
well if you buy a new shifter bezel then all the parts you are unaware of how they go come attached aside from the plastic slider, light socket is kinda a sprung socket that just pushes into the hole on the metal backing plate for the lense, it grounds out through the shifter too....bezel grounds through the mounting screws through i think only one corner... if you buy a new shifter bezel or come across a good used one and just need a slider, you send me your address and ill give you one for free.... i have a few sitting around....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline garyg

Re: auto shifter bezel on a 1980
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 02:30:53 PM »
I guess I will buy a repo part. The numbers in the shifter lense were painted on by hand at some point and I would have to glue it to attach to the bezel.

Offline CT Bird Fan

• Dave
Gone but not forgotten - 1979 Formula, 1980 Esprit.

Being birdless sucks!