Author Topic: New problem with forum  (Read 6130 times)

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
New problem with forum
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
I'm not sure if it's me or the forum but on large photos where the picture disappears to the right side of the screen, the horizantal scoll bar is available but not highlighted which means it won't allow me to click on it to see the rest of the picture!!!!

Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: New problem with forum
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 05:39:47 PM »
What OS and Browser are you using?
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 08:29:19 AM »
INT. explorer
Charlie

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:46:57 AM »
just noticed that I can't mouse click either of the scroll tabs!!   horizontal or vertical...I usually use my mouse wheel which is still working but can't use mouse arrow to click and drag!!
Charlie

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:35:01 AM »
What version of Internet Explorer and what OS?
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
Windows Vista 34 bit, and eplorer version 9
Charlie

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:02:09 AM »
I know others have been having similar problems and it is hard for me to diagnose what is going on when I can't duplicate the problem or issues. I have tried using different OS's and also different browsers to see how everything works and every test I did, things showed up ok and functionality was there. SO why have only 3 people reported having problems with the scroll bar not working?... I don't know for sure. I know this is a simple PHP based Forum using CSS for display and color urposes as well as other functions. SOme of the other add-on's are also using PHP or similar JAVA or CSS based files to work. It is hard to know where to start because it works on most of the PC's with a small number reporting problems so I don't even know where to start to find the solution. I know I have talked with a few others using Win XP with IE 9 and they do not have that issue. So what other factors could cause this? Different version of JAVA installed? SOme added extra toolbar or something added to IE from a download for something causing a conflict? I would almost need a print ut of Exact version numbers and also programs installed to even know where to start to diagnose these issues. And maybe I will put up directions on how people can get that information from their screen and PC and email it to me so Iknow where to start looking for a culprit. SO I apologize for sme things not working and I am trying to figure out the best course of action to identify the problem and work a solution. Stick wth me through this as I am trying to do the best I can.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »
What size screen are you using and what's the resolution set to?

On another forum, even though I have my resolution cranked as high as it will go, the pictures get cut off due to screen size. If I switch to a larger monitor, I get the full picture. Again, this is on a different forum but I believe it's also running SMF (can't tell you for sure since I'm not a mod over there).

I'm using a 15" laptop from work right now and I do have scroll bars that work - Win XP SP3 32 bit and Mozilla Firefox.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »
Yep! I have the same issue.  My mouse wheel works to scroll and If I double click on the scroll bars they work fine.  But just click on the scroll bars like normal doesn't work.  I'm running Windows 7 64bit with Internet Explorer 9
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »
Thanks for the effort Brett

resolution eh...not sure what it's set at!!

edit: res is set 1440x900

screen size 17"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:23:48 PM by Nexus »
Charlie

Offline Joker (§ir£Ðragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 11:32:31 PM »
It just so happens that the laptop I'm borrowing also has Vista. I'm now able to get pages to load as they should (so I now know for sure that my issues here are a result of my old computers) but when I use IE9 I cannot click and drag the scroll bars either. I can use the arrows or page up/down or click on the arrows above/below the scroll bar or any other option you I can think of and it works normally. But like Nexus, I can't drag them. However, when I go to Firefox it works normally.

My old computer has XP with IE8 (although I also use Firefox as my default in it as well) and it drags fine. Could this be an issue with IE9?
Larry

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 11:00:30 AM »

Could this be an issue with IE9?

No, because I am using IE9 (Version 9.0.8112.16421) with Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Joker (§ir£Ðragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
Maybe something to do with IE9 in conjunction with Vista? I don't know. I do know that using that combo I can drag the scroll bar when at other web sites including other forums. Just not this one. ???
Larry

Offline Greenbird76

• The way Grandma wishes she could of ordered it!!
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
I am using Vista 34 bit and IE9 on my laptop also and have the same problem.  However, my scroll on my touch pad is working so so but not 100% and not all the time.  Right after the change over, however the touch pad scroll would not work at all.   I have been using the arrow keys on my laptop to scroll and they work perfectly.  My desktop as XP and is fine.  Mouse works like it should.

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 06:09:43 AM »
What a puzzling problem we have!!
Charlie