Author Topic: a few better pictures 79 updated 1-6-09  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Trans Am Dude

Re: a few better pictures 79 updated 1-6-09
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »
very nice ride, wish mine looked that good already
Danny

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 11:10:18 PM »
Looking good Rick, I love seeing those Hurst ball shifters.... However, Might I suggest something... I noticed you are carring around a lot of keys on your ring and using it in your ignition switch... thats a lot of weight your applying to your tumblers inside the switch... I have replaced a lot of switches because I use to carry around a lot of keys on one ring as well... I had more house keys made that way what ever car I took I always had a house key and that there was a minimal number of keys to reduce the stress on the switch to prevent premature wear..... Just a litle friendly input
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 07:13:05 AM »
thanks for that tip virgil. i do have too many keys and the downer, I use every single one of them. If I could, I'd throw some away but I'm going to think of a way to break them down into sections to make that happen. i dont want to help destroy things.  for years i had 3 keys my car and house. then i bought too many cars and got married and got keys to office and others homes poof, too many keys.
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 07:24:31 AM »
I have a large collection myself ( house, utility buildings, toolboxes, and then there are the ones for work) so what I done was removed all keys that are house and car related and made about 7 more house entry keys, each car got its own seperate ring and a house entry key ( this is where its nice to have all your house door keys keyed alike) was added and a "Fob/Charm" that identified each car. As for other keys around the house were put on a seperate larger ring as well a sperete ring for work. As for the "Fob/Charm" choose one thats light in weight
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 07:26:08 AM by rarebird »
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 07:27:05 AM »
not a bad idea. I wonder if i can get away with remembering to grab the ones needed for work/ (most important) crap speaking of gotta go have a great day crap
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 09:03:16 AM »
I have a large collection myself ( house, utility buildings, toolboxes, and then there are the ones for work) so what I done was removed all keys that are house and car related and made about 7 more house entry keys, each car got its own seperate ring and a house entry key ( this is where its nice to have all your house door keys keyed alike) was added and a "Fob/Charm" that identified each car. As for other keys around the house were put on a seperate larger ring as well a sperete ring for work. As for the "Fob/Charm" choose one thats light in weight

What I've done is to separate my vehicle keys from my "other" keys, and just grab the keys to the car I'm taking along with the obligatory second ring with the "other" keys on it.  It's real handy when you have to drop off a vehicle for service, loan it to someone, or have it valet parked.  You only give up the keys to the vehicle, not the keys you need to get in everywhere else.

Plus, if you get 'jacked, you don't give up your house keys to the BG. ;)

Offline solargold

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 10:29:32 AM »
They should have made an S/E using the dark blue and camel colors since they discontinued the Gold S/E for 1979. Very nice combination.
L8R G8R