Author Topic: Who Rides???  (Read 3266 times)

Offline 76ta4spd

• Yearning to see the open road!!!
Who Rides???
« on: March 02, 2010, 10:14:23 PM »
Was wondering how many on here ride motorcycles? Post a pic of it. Would also like to know how many plan to attend Rolling Thunder this year? That is why I posted here. I would like to meet up with anyone who is going. We already are planning on a few folks riding in form my area and the Ft. Lee area in VA. Maybe we could meet up and ride in together???? Will post some pics of mine tomorrow. She comes out of the cave then (if it aint raining)

James
Make an honest livin and treat people with respect. Everything else just happens naturally.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: Who Rides???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:49:51 PM »
I don't ride anymore... wish I still did sometimes.  Here is the last one I had and sold about 2 years ago.....

Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline TAKID455

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:52:41 PM »
I ride a Zx9r. 30k miles for me 36k on bike. do mostly backroad corner carving and use it for commuting. A pig for a bike at 35 MPG.

2nd Gen Engineering
Specializing in Suspension and Driveline Performance Engineering
Custom/ Racing/ Restorations

Offline shadowrider

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 01:05:39 AM »
I for one will be Glad when the weather breaks here in Ohio, So I can get mine back out. I ride quite a bit around the area here where I live & adjoining counties. Also usually make a long trip in the summer some where. have rode as far as Wyoming into yellowstone & back to Ohio, Got my sights set on either Arizonia or Montana this yes in July, I'm thinking, I love to ride the rural state & county highways, I ride a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc shaft drive water cooled. bought new in 2000  first year for this model style. we have traveled 36,000 miles together so far.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:22:33 AM by shadowrider »

Offline mikekop

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 05:30:11 AM »
I ride a Honda CBR 1000F Hurricane. Sorry, but I will not be able to ride with you guys, it's a little too far from Sweden to USA...

[attachment deleted by admin over 90 days old]
I'm not dangerous, I'm just plain ugly...

Offline shadowrider

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »
Mike
Looks like you got a Rocket on wheels there, good looking bike.

Offline mikekop

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 03:55:21 PM »
@ shadowrider:
Thanks mate! In a lot of aspects, it's similar to the T/A: Great non-aging looks, great touring comfort but with respectable sport abilitys, and a community of great people riding them!
I'm not dangerous, I'm just plain ugly...

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
Here's my last one.  I just sold it (yeah- in the wintertime!).  When I replace it, it will either be a Goldwing if we decide to go the touring route, or a Softail or Dyna Low-Rider if we are going to use it locally only. 

Offline shadowrider

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »
Hey Yetti
Nice my brother's last bike was just like it. I never could ride the goldwings, I have long legs, I need a bike with forward controls, I tried a goldwing got right back off, cramps in my hips, yamaha venture is the same for me, leg cramping controls. My brother makes a custom forward kit for shadow 1100s  to extend the foot controls 6" forward, that realy lets you strech your legs out. combine that with a vista cruise, kick back relax the bike will ride it's self,  L@@K Ma, NO Hands!!!!!!  sometimes we can ride 50 miles & never touch the handle bars, just kicked back & relaxed....

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 07:15:03 AM »
I've never been on a Goldwing, so that may be a problem for me.  I'm long-legged too.  Gotta be comfortable with whatever I'm on.  That's why I don't think I could stand a Harley if we decide to do the cross-country touring.  After a few hours I noticed that I can't relax too much on a H-D.  Al least not on the Low-Rider.

Offline deadfish

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 07:45:37 AM »
Here's my 2000 custom sporty...This is an older pic. Last year I re-laced the front wheel with twisted chrome spokes...
This bike is a little small for me but I upped the horsepower (andrews cams...tweaked carb...tweaked A/C...tweaked exhaust...tweaked ignition) and I changed to Progressive suspension front and rear...
Anyway...I enjoy the hell out it! (ride it like you stole it!)
My dream bike would be a Fat Boy Deluxe....Maybe after my daughter is through with college...

Rick c.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 07:47:52 AM by deadfish »

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »
heres mine Gsxr 1000, just bought it this winter now im just waiting for the weather to break....

Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 05:31:03 PM »
Well I ride but I'm not posting a pick

It's a 1984 Yamaha 400 SE

I look like a circus bear on it but at least I have one
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline 76ta4spd

• Yearning to see the open road!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
Them some good looking bikes there! I have been elbow deep in the TA the last few days getting it roadworthy so I keep forgetting to take pics of mine. Is anyone going to Rolling Thunder in DC this year?

James
Make an honest livin and treat people with respect. Everything else just happens naturally.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »
i use to ride dirtbikes. i cant wait to get out of my parents house so i can buy a bke.  my mom always says if i brought home a bike she would always just tip it over when im not home.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)