Author Topic: my older pics  (Read 5517 times)

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
my older pics
« on: January 26, 2007, 04:03:52 PM »
okay i was goin through some boxes i have yet to unpack and found some of the original photos of my car.....which is circa 2003, anyway i dont think anyone has seen any of these so im sharing....
this first car is my baby, im completely redoing this one...it started life as a 79 301 T/A that somebody swapped front ends out with a 78....if you want to see what progress pics i have check it out here:

http://www.taspecialties.com/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6254#6254

The next car i got for 50 bucks because it was missing a vin number and body tag...so i tore the thing apart and found two build sheets indicating it was originally a 79 S.E. 301 car, somebody had switched out EVERYTHING but as i stripped paint it came apparent to me that they didnt do a great job prior to paint, as the pinstriping was still there in some places....

and the remaining pics are of progress that i made and never knew i documented.....the first pic shows a t-top roof that was on an 81 Turbo T/A that had a little over 11,000 miles on it...but i had no title to,the car i was told was parked back in 83-84 for some court ordered reason????? not sure about all the details there....but i chopped it up within the next couple of weeks after these pics....

and thats all the pics i have...i hope you enjoyed...and killed some free time....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
my older pics
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:23:41 PM »
Cool pics!  Once you start looking through the old photos, time just flies by -- for me, anyway, and that's it as far as getting anything done for the rest of the day.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Prettybird81

my older pics
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »
Those are some great pics... I swear i think my 81 came from the same place as that se... lol
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
my older pics
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:21:46 PM »
yeah it wouldnt suprise me...they told me i bought out all of their Trans ams except for one that they sold before i got there...that was one of those places that "everything has a brand new motor and will start up, run and drive without any work" and everything had a minimum price tag of 1000$ :roll:
Eroc

Offline Prettybird81

my older pics
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 08:27:57 PM »
Hahahahahaha... well, I bought the thing for about that... "a SOLID project car"  LOL!!!!  It's a terminal case... but I paid the man and drug it home anyway... I licked my wounds for a year or so before I found another "solid project car"... the 78 has a bit more potential :D

I did buy the 81 in Ohio... a town called Pandora...  i really did open pandora's box when i got it too... it was filled with yellow jackets and the fuel tank literally fell off when I was towing it home... but that's another story ;)
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
my older pics
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 09:08:20 PM »
I like the one where the red one is "picking" out of the garage.  That's a pic worth a story in HPP or Hotrod.
Rich

Offline MacT/A80

• Mac's Myspace
my older pics
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »
sweet pics of the resto!! looks like it's gonna be a very nice ride. I'm jelous in a way tho cause i wish i had a garage and all the necessary tools to restore a bird by myself, but i live w/ my parents while going to college and my T/A is on one side and my moms car on the other :lol:  theres barely enough room buff it out comfortably!! but i've seen soooooo many cheap project birds i would like to pick up and restore, but i guess i'll have to wait! you have any updated pics???
[IMG]
1980 Trans Am, 400 Pontiac, auto
2011 Mustang, 1971 GMC C2500, 250 Straight 6, 4sp

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
my older pics
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 11:58:43 PM »
yes i have more pics here : http://www.taspecialties.com/php/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1109&start=15

for anybody who wants to follow it  :D
Eroc

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
my older pics
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 11:07:50 PM »
Quote from: "Prettybird81"
I did buy the 81 in Ohio... a town called Pandora...  i really did open pandora's box when i got it too... it was filled with yellow jackets and the fuel tank literally fell off when I was towing it home... but that's another story ;)

Ah, yes, the ugly incident that poisoned all those innocent resident's water supply...the EPA has been looking for the source of that wellhead contamination incident.  Because of VOC contamination that originated from a carelessly discarded gas tank an entire community had to have water piped in from far away!  Now they have someone whom they can bill for it! :twisted:  :twisted:  :lol:

Offline Prettybird81

my older pics
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 10:49:21 AM »
Very funny...  :lol:

The fire department did actually write a report.  They didn't DO anything tho... we stopped at a truck stop and they had some of that stuff you throw out on a spill... we put that out and cleaned it all up ourselves while the fire dept watched.  I took the tank with me too.  The fireman mentioned something about billing me... and I said "what for?  I mean I could seriously see it if the truck stop did... it was their materials and one of the WOMEN that worked there that helped me while those "firemen" watched...  I wasn't p.o.ed that they suggested I might be fined... I was p.o.ed that they were trying to act important and make me feel stupid... ugh.   :twisted:

So, yeah... lol... I learned my lesson... clip the tank off first OR put it on a flatbed.
Jeri

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
my older pics
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »
I knew they wrote a report.  It's SOP to report any spills of organic compounds.  I served on the local wellhead protection committee when we researched all the reports of VOC spills within the wellhead area and finalized the recommendations for the ordinances enacted by the town.  We had reports of gas tank splits/spills going back for 15 years or more around the area.  Doesn't it make you feel all warm and cozy inside knowing you're part of the bureaucratic history?  Your name is on that report, enshrined for all time in the files... :roll:  :twisted:  :wink: