Author Topic: Passenger door electrical issues  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
Re: Passenger door electrical issues
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »
Yes, on the passenger side, I just had the connector plugged on it and operated it with the pdl switch and it worked in my hand.
Steve F.

Offline kc79ta

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »
The actuator itself is not grounded by it's body, bracket or rivets. It gets grounded threw the switch, and the ground will change between the blue and black wire that hook to the actuator depending on the switch position. Unlock = (black+)( blue-).....lock= (blue+) (black-). The two switches just change the polarity of the wires and which ever is the negitive is the one that gets feed to the ground wire on the drivers door. An actuator is just a fancy word for a motor that works in both direction.

What are window blocks? Sorry, didn"t mean to change the subject. Just wanted to know if I had them, or if I needed them.
Keith

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 05:02:10 PM »
The window alignment blocks are just that.  They assist in aligning the door windows.  See the 78 body manual 5-85.  It explains how they work and also shows a picture of them.  Good luck finding a set.  But they may come up on ebay with all the dealers going out of business.  I got lucky.

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
Just to be clear, the window alignment blocks aren't parts for the car. They are tools to help align the door windows during installation of the door windows. You can align the windows without them by trial and error. But the alignment blocks are what an assembly person or service person would have used to speed up the job.
Steve F.