Author Topic: I have really given this some thought.  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
I have really given this some thought.
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »
Okay. So I have been giving this a lot of thought. This is something I have been thinking of for over a year on here. I am always reading multiple posts about the same thing. I know we have a "Search" but it doesn't always bring up what I am looking for. I find myself writing notes down about certain things I want to buy in the future and then losing them or them getting thrown away.

So what if we had an area where we can post a link and picture for a certain part for our cars and also an application guide for that part? I am thinking of something similar to the way you"Favorites" is setup on you computer. Maybe a drop down box or something.

For instance. Recently I read a post about after market brake setups. We can have that as the title and have the parts that members used such as the WilWood calipers and also what rotors or lines to run with it. Maybe even have a rating next to each one.

We can do the same for suspension,carbs,headlights,tires,sub-frame connector,wipers,intake filters,speakers,motor mounts,radiators,fluids,headers/manifolds, ....ECT.....you get the point. Also it would be helpful if these parts were not lost in pages and pages of people asking questions about the part or just general info. I always seem to forget what subject had the part I liked. Anyway. I hope you understand what I am talking about. Maybe someone can take this idea and really turn it into a really good parts source.

Anyway. Just a thought. This is a great site that I am always on and always getting help with things and I think it could help a lot of people out.  Cheers mate  8)
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: I have really given this some thought.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 06:55:51 PM »
Well, you can add the topic to your favorites in Windows Explorer (or any web browser for that matter) just like you would any webpage that you like. As you see in the address bar of this topic you are reading, it is topic # 30092.0. So you can simply click on "Add to Favorites" in your web browser and then come back to it any time. There is a bookmark modification for this Forum, but they stopped supporting it over a year ago so I don't know if it would even work.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am