Author Topic: eletrical doors  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Hammond

• 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans am Special Edition
eletrical doors
« on: January 22, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »
Hello.

I have a 1977 Y81 and have questions about the doors.

originally they were eletrical, but the doors have been changed to manuel doors.
does anyone know if it is possible to rebulild them to eletrical ? or is the construction different in the doors?
Are you too late? Try a V8!

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
eletrical doors
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 10:40:58 AM »
The doors are physically the same, except for stuff that goes in to make them power window power lock doors.  You can convert them back and forth yourself.

Over on TAC we had a great tutorial on how to do this, but it got lost with the other info in the big crash over there.  Dunno if it's documented here or not, but I'm sure somebody will know how.

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
eletrical doors
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »
Doors are the same but the regulators mount differently.  You'll have to drill holes.  Are you using the same doors?  Or were the doors switched?  There may be dipples when the holes are suppose to be....or they could be drilled already...I'm not sure.  It would have made sense to drill all the doors for both manual and power windows.

Rick....I pulled down the post with the pictures from the TAC forum.  You're talking about Craigs post aren't you?  That was a conversion for a 1979 T/A.

PM me with your email address and I'll send you the post.