Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 691650 times)

Offline LtWebb

Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2006, 12:48:50 PM »
Hey Rob, I just noticed you were from Wheaton, which is where I live too. I say Chicago cause I go between both. Also, here's a link to my Car Domain page with some pictures of my car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263715

Offline 80indypace

Andrew
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »
Andrew, from Nashville, TN. I owe 80 Indy Pace car that I am looking to restore to drive and have fun. The car have 73K on it but it have been sat and interior are stink and discolored.  I have been fixing car in the Air Force for 15 years. It's great to get my hands dirty again.  I need All the helps I can with this car.

Offline TransAm7779

« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2006, 12:07:53 AM »
Hey guys. My name is Brandon and I'm from Oklahoma City. I think I'm the youngest here; I'm only two months away from being 16. Anyways I have a '77 SE and a ws6 '79. My dad and I are doing a ground up resto on the '77. So far it's completely gutted and all of the body work is done. But right now that project is on hold. Now we are workin on the '79. We're fixin it up to be my daily driver. So far all the engine work is done and the interior is all gutted. All we have to do now is put in the gas tank and get at least some of the interior done and it'll be a runnin' car. Then we will get all of the paint and body work done while I'm drivin it. It was originally heritage brown with deluxe camel tan interior, but I decided to go with nocturne blue and gold decals and the same interior. Sorry for the long winded intro!
977 Trans Am SE
1979 Trans Am
1978 Chevy C10
"When you tell somebody something, it depends on what part
of the United States you are standing in as to just how dumb you are."

Offline TN-T/A

« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2006, 03:33:39 AM »
Im Daniel from Milan,Tn.  I have a 78 T/A with L78/M33 auto.  Exterior is in pretty nice shape, but the interior needs some work.  Trying to stay mostly original.
1978 Trans Am, 400, auto, resto-mod/pro-touring work in progress - Driver not a show car
1996 Chevy Z71- daily driver
2009 G8 GT, 6.0L, auto, stock, wife's car - WOW!

Offline ArizonaTA

Paul
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2006, 09:07:25 AM »
I'm Paul, living out here in sunny, blistering hot Arizona. Originally from Pittsburgh. Bought my first TA (79 SE) about 2 months ago. My wife can tell when new parts come because she'll hear me in the garage giggling like a little girl. Nice thing about cars out here: no rust!  Love the Forum Brett.

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2006, 01:46:14 PM »
^But the bad part about Arizona is that anything plastic or vinyl gets cooked. But I would rather replace interior than replace sheetmetal. :lol:
The small things aren't worth getting
angry about, my daughter taught me that.
R.I.P. Sierra Louise May 1, 2005 - July 21, 2005

Offline moonrider1

« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2006, 06:02:59 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Ed and i'm from Arlington Texas which is in the Dallas Fort Worth area.  I love tinkering with muscle cars, walking around swap meets, doing the car shows and playing a round of golf every chance I get.

I am restoring a 79 10th T/A that I found in September.  Pretty much a complete running car with no rust or body damage.  Paint is peeling off pretty badly but everything is there.  Just finishing up the tear down on it and have been amazed at how pristine the sheet metal on this car is.  Not a spec of rust in the floors, trunk, sub-frame, quarters, etc.  I guess I got lucky with this one.  

I wasn't really looking for a Trans Am when I found this one but when I came across this one it brought back alot of memories for me.  I used to have a 79 that I bought when I was 22 in 1980 and kept it until 1996 when I finally sold it to my brother in law at the time.  Man do I ever regret doing that.  I remember the day I bought my 79 there was a brand new 10th T/A in the showroom with a $10K sticker on it.  Just a little out of my price range at the time, so I bought a nocturne blue 79 6.6 automatic for $8600 instead.  Anyway the blue 79 became my daily driver for many years and I'm not even sure why I sold it.  Turns out the brother in law totaled the car out within 6 months of me selling it to him.  Go figure.  I had the car all those years and never got any more than a few parking lot dings in the doors.  Never wrecked ever.  Oh well that's how it goes.  Anyway I finished a 1966 Ford Mustand 2+2 fastback in 2003 that came out really nice and have been doing tons of shows with it the past couple of years.  I guess I'm ready for a new project and that's how I came to find and start working on the 10th.  

Great to meet all of you guys and I think this will be a great site.  It's definitely off to a good start.
79 10th anniversery T/A 403 Auto
78 Solar Gold Y-88 SE T/A 400 Auto
74 Camaro Type LT Z28 350 - 4 speed
66 Ford Mustang 2+2 Fastback 289 - 4 speed

Killer TA

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2006, 10:03:50 AM »
I am from Connecticut.

Offline Pro71bird

« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2006, 08:59:48 PM »
Hello everyone and Welcome to this forum. It's good to see the list grow!

Firebirds Rock!

George
George
1971 455 Firebird

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2006, 07:08:42 PM »
Howdy all....I'm Willie from Wichita, "gulp" Kansas, where we have 80 degree days in Feb.  and 20's in March....I currently own a 78 T/A with the 403 all original and #'s matching...and a 75 with a bored over 30 350 chevy, angle port heads etc....welcome to the coolest trans am web page....(winking at Brett)...  : )
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2006, 12:26:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum...... and I am married so stop winking at me... it is getting me nervous.. :D
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Eagle 1

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2006, 11:39:10 PM »
Hello to all.  I am George, I live in Central Texas (small town).
I currently own four hot rods.

1.  1969 GTO.  It is my baby that I have been restoring  for several years now off and on.  It has a Ram Air III engine, WS block, #48 heads, and a M-21 muncie 4 speed (rock crusher)
I purchased this car while in the Army at Ft. Benning Ga.  Currently it is stripped down to the frame as I am doing a complete frame off restoration.  I am adding hide away headlights as well as a few other options since the car came very basic and was used by the orginal owner as a strip racer.  It is a PMD documented GTO.

2.  I also have a 1972 Chevy SWB Pickup.  It was my first daily driver restoration.  It came factory with an eaton posi-track rearend which I rebuilt and changed to 3-73 gears.  The engine is a cheyy 350 with a medium cam, accel ignition, headers, chrome accessories, etc.  I also added a turbo 400 tranny with a shift kit and a b&m stall convertor.
However, after going through three teenage sons, the truck is in need of another restoration, even though it still runs fine.

3.  My middle son purchased a 1981 Camero Z-28 from the original owner.  The car is loaded with every option that came out that year including T-tops with the original covers.  Even the factory cassett player still works.  But, it is time to do a complete restoration as the body and engine are starting to show its age.

4.  Finally, my most recent toy is a 1978 TA.  I am just starting on this car which needs plenty of work.  I purchased the car from the original owner who used it as a daily driver up until 2000.  Fortunately it has the factory engine, trans and rearend.  The car runs strong and doesnt use any oil, but like the Camero, time has taken its toll.  Lucky for us there is ebay.

One last thing.  My oldest son has a 1978,79,81 TA.  The car was pieced together by the previous owner.  It was a T-top car.  I say was because about 18 months ago my son wrecked the car, (oak tree your in my way).
It was heart breaking to say the least, but he and his passenger were ok.
The TA didnt fair so well.  It was totalled.  I guess the only thing good thing about the car is that we now have a parts car.  Anyhow, we had completely rebuilt the engine.  The 400 block was bored 30 over, the crank was machined, and an extreme comp cam was added.  The best part was the heads that the previous owner had installed were a set of #12 ram air heads from a 1970 GTO.  Needless to say this car was a neck breaker.  We saved the engine, but the turbo 400 tranny, like the rest of the car,  didnt survive the wreck.

Sorry about the book, but I enjoy talking cars, especially Pontiac.
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline lugnuts

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2006, 11:42:31 PM »
Quote from: "LtWebb"
Hey Rob, I just noticed you were from Wheaton, which is where I live too. I say Chicago cause I go between both. Also, here's a link to my Car Domain page with some pictures of my car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2263715

car looks good, should be a fun project. I have been working on mine for the past 2 years off and on. if you ever need a hand with anything let me know.

Rob.
1979 TA 403 
2002 BMW M5                              
2001 Jeep Wrangler

"dady my hat blew off! hope your dam head was in it"

Offline Eli80Formula

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2006, 12:00:04 AM »
I'm Eli and i live in Connecticut. i have 3 vehicles, a 1969 olds 442 convertible  which is my project car, my 1990 chevy silverado, which is my daily driver, and my 1980 firebird formula. its a WS6 car with T-tops that had a 301, but that crapped out so now it has a 350 chevy. i bought the car from my buddy who desperately wanted to sell it before moving to north carolina. sadly he didnt save the original motor or snowflake wheels :(  but i still love the car the way I've set it up
img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/zswindler/firebirdsmall.jpg[/img]

Offline evilways

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2006, 01:43:13 PM »
car looks nice...are those GTA wheels or something else??My 2K TA was black and had black Corvette grand sport rims. I've always liked that look.Welcome to the forum!!
peed limits....they're just suggesstions,..right?