Author Topic: I am looking for a front clip , anyone deal with this company ?  (Read 3320 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
http://www.classicindustries.com/firebird/parts/f15248.html

Guys I am trying to find a complete front clip and this is one piece on the puzzle . This is not for the Marty but for my man cave .
Anyone know what the quality of this front clip is like and had any dealings with this company ?

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
Re: I am looking for a front clip , anyone deal with this company ?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:44:36 PM »
i bought quite a few items from this company... i would recommend it. also they send me 20% deals and or free shipping. they have a have a really nice catalog.

http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/DreamitKustomz/media/VID_20130329_171911.mp4.html
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:37:19 PM by gilbertsta »

Offline buckeyebird

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
ive never had any complaints from the quality of this company but i havent cowboyed up enough to buy this same front clip either

Offline mikekop

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »
Nearly all the stuff I've bought for my Trans Am is from Classic, buy from them with confidence. I have no idea though about the front clip quality, but I wouldnt think it's better, or worse, than from any other part supplier. They have a 20% easter discount right now, PM me and I'll give you the code!

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

I'm not dangerous, I'm just plain ugly...

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 01:42:17 AM »
400 bucks plus paint and all the trimmings is a bit expensive just to hang on the wall bro. :o I would go used. save lotsa cash for something else.
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline Matuna

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 03:29:00 AM »
I just ordered a TON of parts from Classic Industries. $4000 order total. But they discount anything over $500 and even more for over $1000 and then you get discounted or free shipping. I have emailed them back and forth quite a bit asking additional questions about products and their policies. They always respond to my emails within a day and are very professional. No complaints (yet), I will see when my big order gets here next week. 14 boxes total!
-1975 Trans Am in Restoration Process-

Offline buckeyebird

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 08:11:14 AM »
DAAAAYUM LOL, did ya save us anything to order??? bet everything is on backorder now for the rest of us jk  ;D

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
400 bucks plus paint and all the trimmings is a bit expensive just to hang on the wall bro. :o I would go used. save lotsa cash for something else.
Yes and it pains me to no end that I knew a guy who had all the parts and his wife wanted them out of the house asap.  They were free , just had to pick up , but that's a long story and a thousand miles from my home .
I was thinking YO but I heard there fiberglass ?

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »
I can't even find the front grills on there site . Seems odd they wouldn't have them?

Also I guess I have to source out the parts that go behind the grills that hold the headlights and grills in place and I suspect that's not something you can buy a repop of  ?

Offline Matuna

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 02:37:23 PM »
Their website kind of sucks. It is one of the slowest websites Ive dealt with. I ordered a free catalog and used it to find all the parts, then plugged the item numbers into their site. The search engine in the site isn't very smart, you have to baby it to find what you are looking for.  :(
-1975 Trans Am in Restoration Process-

Offline Just Eddie

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »
Their website is painfully slow and the guy I dealt with on the phone admitted so and said they're working on improving it. I have ordered several items from them and even returned one with no hassles. A lot of car guys in my area use them and swear by the quality of the parts and fair pricing.

I prefer them over Year One to tell the truth.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 04:35:46 PM by Just Eddie »