Author Topic: Introducing myself properly  (Read 2102 times)

Offline qurtrn10

Introducing myself properly
« on: June 28, 2016, 06:51:39 PM »
I've posted a few times in the forum, and already received invaluable help so thank you all for being here.  I realized that I never properly introduced myself or the car I'm working on with my dad.

My name is William, and this was me back in the late 80s:

With three kids, my parents traded the car in on an Oldsmobile Cutlass (I think).  I know - lame.

But then in the late 90s, my dad bought this:

Y88 Gold SE, 4 speed, chrome valve covers (I don't remember the significance), power windows, tri-band stereo (although not in the car). 
We sent it out for a body restoration:

And we had the engine rebuilt:

We upgraded the interior from cloth to vinyl:

That got us here:

Now we are revamping the rest of the interior.  Replacing the parcel shelf, replacing the speakers, new carpet, new console, dying faded interior panels, etc.  I'd like to get him a factory original tri-band stereo in August for his birthday(it's UM2 on his build sheet).  I know he wants to pull the motor and have up the horsepower a little this time around (it dynoed at just over 300hp to the wheels).

Hopefully within the next year I'll have a '77-'78 TA or other Firebird to kind of match his.  In the meantime, I just get to play with his car!

Offline F-body International

Re: Introducing myself properly
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »
Very cool car!  I still have those factory speaker grills whenever you're ready ;)

Offline 76Tranz

Re: Introducing myself properly
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 06:19:33 PM »
Welcome to the site. The car looks great! Looks like you're having fun!