Author Topic: Door handle decal - 4 wheel disc  (Read 3820 times)

Offline sulldog66

Door handle decal - 4 wheel disc
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:32:49 PM »
I purchased the correct color decal for my car, but it is clear with tan lettering.  I haven't put it on yet, but it doesn't seem like once it is on the lettering will be too clear.  Currently, the clear decal with the tan lettering appears to be over a dark blue decal.  Not sure if this is original, but would make sense in order to see the lettering.  It is a 79 nocturne blue with camel interior.  Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

Offline winks79

• Chad
Re: Door handle decal - 4 wheel disc
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:46:24 PM »
From factory it would have came with body color insert in door handle, in your case Nocturne blue. Then the clear 4 wheel disc decal goes on top of the body color insert on the handle. If you have gold graphics the 4 wheel disc decal will be gold/tan color. For instance, my car is a Platinum car. It has a Platinum/Silver insert in the door handle and charcoal 4 wheel disc to match my charcoal decals. When buying the door handle decals for a car with 4 wheel disc you have to buy the body color insert and 4 wheel disc decal for each side.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:48:47 PM by winks79 »

Offline sulldog66

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:43:29 PM »
Thanks for the response Wink.  I thought that was the case but a couple of vendors don't sell them both, which made me pause.  I will go forward with the two different decals.

Thanks again.

Mark

Offline Frames25

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 04:18:43 AM »
I am also in need to buy vehicle wraps for my classic car. The car’s paint is almost ruined so it looks ugly. I am not able to decide on a color or specific patterns that can completely hide the paint. Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 01:40:32 PM »
Many would say a wrap looks uglier than worn paint and just further proof of not doing the job properly. Having said that you have replied to an old post relating to door handles, not wraps or any sort of paint or bodywork. Perhaps get some quotes or chat to bodyshop guys to get a better idea of what is involved, what can be fixed or saved and what can't, may be able to tidy up the worse areas first if working on a budget. A wrap over poor bodywork or poor previous paint condition will not last either and look terrible.