Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 691809 times)

Offline pkunda

Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #3720 on: August 30, 2014, 03:24:40 PM »
Preston Kunda, living in Brunswick, Georgia. 

Restoring a 79 SE Trans Am. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:22:10 PM by pkunda »

Offline purpleblue72

« Reply #3721 on: August 31, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
    Im Loyd in Wisconsin and I have a 72 Formula that's been slightly changed from factory. I have had the car for quite some time and only do a little bit at a time as I can afford. The car now has a Muncie M-21 4 speed in replacement of the turbo 400 and a TA hood and working shaker in replacement of the Formula hood. I am currently in the process of replacing the factory air on the car and have a request in the forum on this web site.
    Anyway, I just painted it this last year and will probably load pictures to the website eventually.

Offline PonchoVia

« Reply #3722 on: September 22, 2014, 02:54:04 PM »
Suppose I should have done this long ago.
I'm Rusty from North Carolina.
I bought an '80 TA from Georgia about a year and a half ago and almost immediately set out to take it apart.
It's been the most fun I've had in a while, with the exception of the credit card statements.
And one day I'll set up what I need to post photos.
"We build excitement-PONTIAC"

Offline Will Connor

« Reply #3723 on: September 23, 2014, 07:19:42 AM »
I live in Charleston, S.C.  Moved here when I got out of college in 1982 and bought a 1980 Trans Am.  The T/A is still in my garage.  A few years ago I pulled the original drive train out and put in a 455, Richmond 6 speed manual trans, and a 3:07 rear end.  I love tinkering and fixing, but just never enough time or $.

Offline christophe

« Reply #3724 on: September 23, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »
Hi, my name is Christophe, my city is Bordeaux IN France !
I like the trans-am 79, this car is very rare in France, and i research this Pontiac for my 50 anniversary!!!
Yes is one dream for me!!
Thank you for your response and your help  for another questions
Best engine, Vin authenticate, or problem's typical!!

Offline Jbruget

« Reply #3725 on: October 17, 2014, 10:10:03 AM »
good morning,

i am Jerod Bruget from northwest Iowa. i have a 1976 Pontiac trans am. Originally number matching body/engine/transmission. 400 4 speed. Carousel Red. Black leather interior. I have been trying to buy this car for close to 20 years from my uncle. I offered him $1300 dollars when i was 11 back in 1992. There were many offers after that but my final offer was $4000 in 2000 my senior year. When i turned 30 my wife surprised me with this very same car for fathers day. Apparently my uncle had given it to her for me. I was very happy. How i wish he would have sold this to me 20 years ago. It was parked in my grandfathers grove in 1991 having zero problems except a few tears on the drivers seat. Now both front and rear clips need replacing. I have been tearing down the last three weeks. Finally was able to get the motor and transmission out Wednesday night around 1130 pm. I have a couple picks in the gallery. i have been following all of you guys very closely. I want to make sure this restoration is done right.

anyways thats me

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #3726 on: October 17, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »
Welcome Jerod

Too bad it sat neglected for so long but I'm sure you will get it back to where it should be....looks like you're on the right path from the pictures (love the Keystone Klassics...don't see those much anymore).

Carousel Red on a '76 is such a beautiful combination (one of my personal favorites)...it will be well worth it in the end. If you need any help, you're in the right place.

Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Esteem

« Reply #3727 on: October 24, 2014, 12:47:02 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Pete and I'm from Folsom California. I recently bought a 78 Trans Am. It has the 400 in it and is an automatic. The car definitely has its quirks but has character as well. I've had plenty of experience around Jeeps and the off road world but have never own a car older then 1988 or anything without 4wd  or fuel injection in general. I figured up and buying something would be the fast pace route to learning a lot and from what I've seen so far, I'm right. The biggest things I need to fix is the passenger door being stuck shut and the power windows not rolling down. I've already found discussions for both so am quite satisfied. Thanks in advance for any advise in the future.

-Pete

Offline Toymin8r

« Reply #3728 on: October 25, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »
Thanks for the ad.

I'm from St. Louis, MO.   

Here are my Trans Ams.

The 78 W-72 on the trailer is the one I want to start the restoration on.   

The black 79 will be for sale at some point as a complete project.

The 1980 Turbo T/A is a rust free future project.

I  do have a newb question.    Where is a good source for factory restoration information as far as chassis paint colors are concerned?

Offline snake713

« Reply #3729 on: October 27, 2014, 03:03:37 PM »
my name is david , everyone calls me snake , i live in the deep south ( la. ) . i own . a 1978 t/a , black , 400 , auto

Offline L82shark

« Reply #3730 on: November 19, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »
Im Jerry from Mississippi. I got my first TA in 1978 and kept it up until 2005 when my wife sold it while I was in Iraq. Another story. About to retire from the military in a few months and am in the process of gearing up a new shop to do restorations in. Have done numerous vettes and pick ups but kept missing that TA, finally bought another 78 a few weeks ago that is still in original paint, but that's about all you can say for it. Will be a complete restoration, it needs everything but hey, that's the fun part. Have a 79 Y84 coming in to do some work on so that will help with the $$ along with a couple of other vehicles. Good to be here, forums are extremely helpful in rebuilding these rides!

PS, I think I got the twin sister of the one on the trailer in the above post!

Offline rickydazla

« Reply #3731 on: November 27, 2014, 03:05:14 PM »
Hi there, I'm Rick from Blackpool, England (home of he TVR!) via Detroit (my wife) and now living in Santa Barbara, CA. I recently bought a Berkshire Green 78 Esprit in not bad condition that I've been giving a little love... Can't do much to the engine in Cali so I'm focusing on fixing all the minor ailments, body and interior, then one day I will drive back up North for the Woodward Dream Cruise, re-register in MI and beef her up!

Offline tata

« Reply #3732 on: December 01, 2014, 08:53:19 PM »
Hey guys, not new but rather old here, just finding my way back. Use to be teri30 but changed it to as many of you know me as tata.  I part 2nd gen cars and work one day a week at an auto part store..(so I can get my discount lol). You might have seen me working my parts at reapers booth this year at the nats. Also good friends with firedan , mongo , the reaper and acouple other of you guys. Hope to get this site popping again, so lets get posting.

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
« Reply #3733 on: December 01, 2014, 09:20:41 PM »

Hey guys, not new but rather old here, just finding my way back. Use to be teri30 but changed it to as many of you know me as tata.  I part 2nd gen cars and work one day a week at an auto part store..(so I can get my discount lol). You might have seen me working my parts at reapers booth this year at the nats. Also good friends with firedan , mongo , the reaper and acouple other of you guys. Hope to get this site popping again, so lets get posting.
I think I remember you from some other forum....I can't remember , maybe it was tat?

Offline tata

« Reply #3734 on: December 01, 2014, 09:38:54 PM »
No, it was some other site I was a staff member on.