Author Topic: North Shore Classics in Mundelein, IL  (Read 4218 times)

Offline gasman2b93

North Shore Classics in Mundelein, IL
« on: July 08, 2019, 11:33:29 AM »
Does anyone have experience with this dealership?  I'm looking to get another Trans Am and see they have a bunch of them in their inventory.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Offline LWS78SE

Re: North Shore Classics in Mundelein, IL
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 05:57:57 PM »
I,ve seen your post for several days and I just had to respond since noone else is. I'm sorry I know nothing of that dealer. I do know that if you are searching for a really nice one and are willing to go to Florida look up T/A Specialties of Florida. They may cost more but they are super sharp.
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law!"

Offline gasman2b93

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 12:19:45 PM »
To the forum, I purchased a 1979 Trans Am from North Shore Classics.  Stay as far away from that place as possible.  The car needs a ton of work and it wasn’t realized until I got home.  I knew it needed some things and bought the car, because I enjoy working on them.  However, it had some major engine and transmission issues.  These people are crooks, STAY AWAY!!! And be sure to pass the word.  If anyone has questions, please ask.

Offline jonathonar89

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 10:51:49 PM »
I live by there and been there a few times.  They ask a lot like any of those retail price places.  They have to make money somehow but many times it’s lipstick on a pig.  I was going to buy a nice ‘81 from them this year but ended up not doing it.  Just not the right place in my life.

These places are dealerships.  Not restoration shops.  The work they do is detailing and some mechanics.  I was talking to the owner this past year.  They go and group purchase cars to resell.  Unless you have the money, the places are the ones that sales because they can walk you through financing.