Author Topic: Blinker won't work  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Tochs99

Blinker won't work
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:19:47 PM »
When I turn on the hazards all four corners blink as they should. However when I try just turn signals my left blinker does not work. It just stays lit up solid on the dash. Any ideas?  I don't have anything that is burned out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:47:31 PM by Tochs99 »

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Blinker won't work
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:30:02 PM »
Firstly, the hazard and blinkers use separate flasher units. Replace the blinker one and see if better. One is mounted on the e-brake mechanism, the other on the fuse box corner

Offline Angelo

• Mods and Rods
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 08:45:31 PM »
I chased a problem almost identical to this. I rewired the rear tail lights, replaced the turn and hazard flashers, and even tried 2 different turn switches in the column. For me it was intermittent, only happened when I had my parking lights on. What I failed to check was the front fender lights wiring. I found the wire to the drivers side fender side marker was randomly cutting out (crusty wire does that). I replaced that socket and the first 6 inches of wire where it was cracked up wiring and it solved my problem.

Moral of story is you have to check every bulb socket make sure you are getting connectivity, if it disconnects the system is designed to make the bulb go solid in the dash to indicate that a bulb is iout.
81' (78 clone), House of Kolor Jet Set Black, Pontiac 400 built by DCI Motorsports, FiTech EFI, Tremec 6 speed, 3.73 rear, YearOne 17" snowflake, Pro Touring F-body GT shocks/springs, hydroboost, factory 4 disc, Ram Air Resto + Thrust transverse exhaust.

Offline conan31214

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:50:30 AM »
First thing I would do is make sure all bulbs are working. Especially anything double filament. Had several similar problems in the past and the cause has been everything from a bad bulb to a bad bulb receptacle ground to a bad flasher. Good luck.