Author Topic: password problem  (Read 3424 times)

Offline 81Turbo TA

password problem
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
I always have to add my password twice. first time it says ''password incorrect'' try back in 2 seconds. then the second time it works, most of the time. any clue? ( Usually I use roboform to log into every site but it does not work  here.)

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: password problem
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:08:16 PM »
May be a problem with roboform....... have not had anyone else let me know of password problems.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline 81Turbo TA

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
nope,,,I dont use roboform to sign in. Today I manually tried multiple times and then got sent to the part where it sends me an email to make a new password.  Still, trying it multiple times is a crap shoot to log in. I finally did, then a few minutes later I tried again,,,right back to the ''forgot password'' page.  So I figured let me try firefox instead of IE,,,,same thing.   As long as I get on eventually I dont mind.   I just dont want to raise a red flag from trying too many times and get kicked or something.

Offline trentonmakes

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 04:46:34 PM »
Don't log out!
:D

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box

Offline 81Turbo TA

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
I'm logged into too many things already.  I just found that if I use the login box on the top right it works better for me than the other one.

Offline Matuna

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 02:26:16 PM »
Happens to me every time I try to log in also. I have Firefox to save my name/password, so I just have to click my name thats saved in the username field and the password is saved as well, but it always says "password incorrect" I just click login again, not changing anything, and then it works
-1975 Trans Am in Restoration Process-

Offline trentonmakes

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »
Is the "stay logged in" box checked?
when i bring the site up i am already logged in.

Sent From My Fancy Little Thinking Box

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
This is the first time anyone has said anything about probllems logging in in the 7 years this Forum has been going. I will have to check into that and maybe try some testing. I will see if I can duplicate the issue and go from there.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline 81Turbo TA

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 02:34:17 PM »
if it helps any, I'm using IE 9  with windos vista  and firefox 3.6.28 .   Since i've been using the login at the top right it has been working.   The other login takes 2 to 3 tries and doesnt work with auto fill programs (roboform blows most of them away)