Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 691694 times)

Offline Dinero

• SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI "
Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #3750 on: April 01, 2015, 11:24:16 PM »
Howdy, name is Desi Dinero from San Antonio(originally from Brownsville). Own a 1980 T/A, 4.9l-L37+W72.  Except for the radio/cassette, all else is original. Not a race cars but one hell of a cruiser.  HOORAH and Gig'em.
Desi Dinero

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni

Offline aessis

« Reply #3751 on: April 02, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »
Hello!
My name is Anthony. I live in Lancaster PA. Spring is finally here and I am ready to get outside.  I have a White on White 1980 T/A w/ a newly built 461ci w/ Performabuilt 700r4. I bought it December 2013, so it is an ongoing project. I started by replacing all the mechanicals.  I have not posted much, but use forums to learn. 
While I am here, I have a question.  I am considering installing a T-56 magnum in the future.  The transmission and all its components in the car now are basically brand new.  Any suggestions on a way to market the transmission as a complete kit (trans, torque converter, cross member, driveshaft, shifter,etc.)?
Thanks guys!
Tony   

Offline gocoltswin

« Reply #3752 on: April 06, 2015, 04:52:28 PM »
hi I am scott I have a 1977 trans am.

Offline Imacaroholic

« Reply #3753 on: April 28, 2015, 01:15:26 PM »
Now living in Northern CA Wine Country 10 mins from Sonoma Raceway...
I have been a Caroholic all my life (includes most anything with wheels).
This month its a '79 Trans Am (project) ... last month it was a 72 Challenger before that
57 Chevrolet Wagon and on and on and on....(close to 500)

My question . .  is there anybody out there that could decipher my damaged build sheet??

Thanks in advance
Mic

Offline turbodan

« Reply #3754 on: April 28, 2015, 09:03:38 PM »
Hello,
I am Dan from Montreal, Canada and I really enjoy being a member of your site. I have a 81 turbo trans am in restoration mode for the last... many years. I thank you in advance for your precious help in the future.

Thanks

Dan

Offline zbrsparky

« Reply #3755 on: May 09, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »
Hey everyone..... just picked up a 78' Trans Am..... love Pontiac as much as anyone can.. i also have an 02' Trans Am WS6.. looking forward to getting advice and learning more about this car as i build it.

Heres the new one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsi-VhNsuzM

Offline Two Birds

« Reply #3756 on: May 21, 2015, 10:12:35 PM »
  Hello to all just signed up and wanted to say hi.  I'm from New England  and have been into Pontiacs since I was 16 been hooked since.  currently have a 1970 Formula under resto had since 16 yo and a 1970 TA.   Had taken a break from the hobby for awhile but back in it now.  Have been a lurker here for sometime now and figured it was time to sign up.   I'll say it now not the best with computers lol.     

Offline Red

« Reply #3757 on: May 27, 2015, 07:27:30 PM »
First time posting here, just wanted to say hello. I'm from Newfoundland on the East Coast of Canada. Just purchased my first T/A and waiting for it to be delivered. It's a 1979 4 speed,301 ,T-tops. I too almost got taken by the Build a Bandit guy......

Offline Phadrius23

« Reply #3758 on: June 06, 2015, 04:16:49 AM »
My name is John, from Syracuse, NY.  I have a 1981 trans am I bought last fall and have since been doing a little makeover to..  It has a completely rebuilt 1967 389 in it with 1970 RAIII heads... in the process of putting my interior back together, and only waiting on my headers to be able to get back out on road.  This is my first project car doing majority if not all the work myself.  Even though I just became a member yesterday, I want to thank everyone, this site has really helped me out the past couple months.

Offline Harbone

« Reply #3759 on: June 17, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »
My name is Chris, live just outside of Bloomington Illinois. Been a F-Body fan my whole life. I keep it mixed between Camaros, Firebirds and Trans Ams owning 6 first gens, 6 second gens, 2 3rd gens and 1 fourth gen over the last 25+ years.
I have had bone stock cherry cars like a 1967 Firebird 326HO with 56K original miles and a 1979 TA/TA that had 59K original miles. Also have had some wicked pro street cars and incredibly fast modified street cars.
I just picked up a 1979 Trans Am W72 hardtop. It is a 61,000 mile car with A/C (R134 converted), power windows, deluxe interior and the factory AM/FM/CB radio. It is a numbers matching car with a mild engine rebuild 15 years ago and a repaint about 2 years ago. Car is super clean and one of the nicest 2nd gens I have ever owned. I spend a lot of time on the NastyZ28 site along with Trans Am Country forum. The Hitman site has some great tech info!

Here is the build sheet, going to order the PHS paperwork this week

Trim tag

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
« Reply #3760 on: June 17, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
Welcome Chris! This is one nice T/A you have here! What size motor is in it? Like to see some engine bay shots! I go to Trans am county as well as transamtown. This site does have a lot of tech info here. That silver on black is a killer combo!

Offline Harbone

« Reply #3761 on: June 17, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
Welcome Chris! This is one nice T/A you have here! What size motor is in it? Like to see some engine bay shots! I go to Trans am county as well as transamtown. This site does have a lot of tech info here. That silver on black is a killer combo!

Thanks!
Its a 400 car. The under hood area is nothing fancy and could use a good cleaning

Offline BrotherDave

« Reply #3762 on: July 09, 2015, 06:51:45 PM »
Hi All.  My name is Dave, I live in the Poconos near the Stroudsburg area.    I am a computer programmer.  My interests include cars, Lionel trains and guns. 

I have owned my 78 TA for 17 years, which blows my mind.  She is currently red, but originally came black.  No t-tops, solid roof, with 4 point rollbar and frame connectors.  She is a 4-speed and has the matching numbers w-72 engine.  The engine was rebuilt in about 03.  She has been off the road and garaged since 05. 

I plan on getting her back on the road in the next year.

Offline sgreiner1011

« Reply #3763 on: July 10, 2015, 05:51:04 AM »
I didn't realize this thread was here. My name is Seth, and I currently just bought a 1979 Trans Am T-top original 4 speed 400 from Smokey Mountain Traders in Tennessee. I live in Arizona. I am restoring this car as much as I can. I have restored many cars in the past, however this is my first go at a Trans Am. I always loved the look of the 79 to 81 TAs. The interior is what I am focused on at the moment. Hopefully, when its all said and done, in a couple years, it will be back to factory specs (except for the 17inch wheels, they give the car a beautiful stance) Attached is a pic. Thanks!

Offline firebirdturbotransam

« Reply #3764 on: July 20, 2015, 05:34:37 PM »
Hello, my name is Ricardo Seva from Alicante ( Spain ). I have two Pontiac Firebird, one is a Turbo Trans Am´80 restored 25 years ago with two friend perfect restoration. Other is from a friend and he need for sale a Trans Am 10 th Anniversary´79. Thank you for all. My email is americancarclubmediterraneo@gmail.com  I´m the secretary of American Car Club del Mediterraneo. Thanks.