Author Topic: natz  (Read 11133 times)

Offline tata

natz
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »
I've never entered my car in anything, but this year I think I might have a good chance. I tried looking at how they judgd but couldn't find anything on original looking cars. Beside a new correct color paint job  my car only has 21000 miles on it. Ive done some research on how to tell and alot of the signs are there. Plus who I bought it from is a highly respectable guy in the t/a world. Looking for some pointers on this if anybody knows.

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
Re: natz
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:11:29 AM »
they don't have an original class and some with original non restored cars complain about being in a class with fully restored cars and competing against them.  tough to win against them when everything is perfect or near perfect.  i don't think they factor in originality and patina will cost you points i believe.  at least it has in the past to people i know with low mile original un restored cars.
1978 Chesterfield Brown TA
1977 Camaro 4 speed with t tops
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline tata

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
Thats what I kinda read. I was telling that to bobby, that if your dash is faded but not cracked do I dye it  and ruin the barn fresh look or do I leave it and get points taken off. That isn't fair, let's face it you can pretty much build these cars out of a catalog,  and we all know some re pops aren't the same quality look or fit right. I'm surprised they dont have a unmolested  category besides  new paint , tires, exhaust and shocks. Maybe I will just drive it and not enter it

Offline Driver79

• 1985 Trans Am 5.0L
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »
Keep it original TATA. No point in ruining the originality for a chance to win a trophy.

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:26:28 PM »
enter it and put it in the field, clean the crap out of it and have fun, if you get something good if not who cares.  what others say about your car when mean more than any hardware. 

everyone appreciates a clean survivor. 
1978 Chesterfield Brown TA
1977 Camaro 4 speed with t tops
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline tata

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 09:05:21 PM »
I agree, I didnt want to rye dye the dash to match the ashtray and glove box. To differant materials that age differant. Other then that super nice car, u could lick the underneath of this thing.lol

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 04:35:32 PM »
Go for the trophy, I heard the "Hotel" show Trophys are the best.  That show is the Pebble Beach of the F body world.  ::)
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline tata

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 07:50:22 PM »
Thanks burd, its fun seeing you on here, can't wait till reaper signs up when he gets time.  Let the good old times roll

Offline 2ndchildhood

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »
They should have a survivor class at the natz.  The first thing you need to do is join Ohio Firebirds.  They usually win all the iron....lol
You can never have too many cars

78 Formula
02 CETA

Offline tata

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 09:48:02 PM »
Ya right,  but they should have that class. It nice to see original cars, even if they are falling apart.

Offline Brewster

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
Its been discussed for years and that regional show will never live up to its name (Period). Terry, leave the car ALONE less the headliner and muffler. Its only original once and its bad enough its been painted.
Enjoy it for what it is girl!
Cheers, Brew

Offline tata

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »
You got it brew,  glad to see you stopped on by here. Got the correct headliner with little glitter  twinkles , that evans showed me on his super duty.  And keeping an eye out for muffler and nos shocks. Get your car done so we can rip it up on our way to the nats. Post some pics too. You still have one of the nices cars I've seen

Offline Brewster

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »
Will have to start a Formula club, Right!

Offline tata

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 09:43:06 PM »
Sounds good,  :-*.....I don't think we have any friends with formulas,  it will be just you and me..lol.

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2014, 10:03:25 PM »
Hood has one too TaTa
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."