Author Topic: Muscle car bone yard: BEWARE  (Read 6131 times)

Offline BANONE

Muscle car bone yard: BEWARE
« on: February 10, 2008, 05:37:33 AM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a negative experience I had with this mob. They sell on ebay as wesell4you.
I waited 129 days for a headliner that never arrived.
Steve was unable to provide me with a tracking number or any explanation other than "I am looking into it".
If you read their feedback this is not an isolated incident.
Getting a refund was hell. (Took numerous calls, emails, complaints to paypal etc and a total of 130 days).
I ended up $135 out of pocket for my experience, I suggest buyer beware.
I thought this may save someone else from getting ripped off.
Cheers,
Mark.
 >:(

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Muscle car bone yard: BEWARE
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »
It's amazing the customer service people get sometimes.  It's like common sense is thrown out the window.  Sorry to hear about your experience Mark.

EDIT:  Well said Brett and Pat
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:26:19 PM by rkellerjr »
Rich

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »
Mark,

I am not trying to defend anyone here.  I don't know the seller you are talking about and have no experience with him  B ut this is what I can tell you about waiting for the interior parts.  I get all my interior parts from a company call PUI Interiors.  They are netorious for having long delays on items like the door panels, seat covers, and headliners.  They go through a rotation of colors and most of the time when I order, it takes like 6 weeks to get it in.  Now, I am not going to get into a long story about them, just stating that more than 50% of the time, you do have to wait.  There have been some people on here that will tell you they have waited three months to get seat covers or headliners from me because of the delays at PUI.  In fact, I remember one guy waited about 5 months for a red headliner and never even got it.  I refunded his payment in full because PUI could not deliver.  I placed an order for a headliner that was pre-cut for Fisher t-tops back on September 6th, and I STILL have not gotten it yet.  So, like I said, I am not try to defend the seller on Ebay and have no idea who he/she is.  I am just stating that I know what it is like to wait from stuff when it comes from PUI Interiors.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Bigghooch

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 01:18:46 PM »
Well,
This member had a similar post removed from TAC,
But the last post at TAC stated he received a refund after using these boards to bash the seller
It seems he ordered more than One item, the items shipped together, then he claimed not to have received a headliner
Since the tracking showed the items was received he had no recourse other than to start a smear campaign.
Now since he has started bashing the guy, he received a refund for the headliner, but not the shipping.
Since he ordered more than one item, and said he received the other items, the shipping expense was not refunded.
Guys who use these forums to bash people really need to find something better to do with their time
Bret is Absolutley right about PUI. They Offered the T top headliner for 4 months before it was even Avail.
The only purpose of this post is to ruin the reputation of a aseller who is not here to defend himself.
This member should state ALL the facts, not just the ones that make him look "Right"
It really says a lot about someone when they register today and the first post is a slam on someone.
This member obviously is just making the rounds posting this stuff on every board he can register with

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:54:21 PM by Bigghooch »
way too many cars
It is a sickness

Offline BANONE

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 05:11:54 AM »
Hi Rich, Hitman and big Hooch.

Thank you for the feedback.
It is helpful to know that such items often take time to arrive, it was more the fact that I was getting no answers, specifically a tracking number.
As Big Hooch points out, I did order two items.
1. Car seat covers. Which were posted via UPS. Took 6 weeks, arrived, no concerns. No complaints. Steve is right. He has a tracking number showing this did arrive. No argument here from me.
2. Headliner and backing. Which Steve informed me was too big for UPS
This is the exact email from steve

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:13 PM
Subject: *****SUSPECTED SPAM***** Re: *****SUSPECTED SPAM***** Re: Questionfor item #110107682850 - 19761977 FIREBIRD TRANSAMDELUXE SEATCOVERS BANDIT

The seat covers and door panels can go USPS parcel post for 35.00 a box, Covers are one box, panels are one box, The headliner is too big for the post office and it will have to go frieght
\The best price I have so far is 140.00
I am still looking
Thankyou
Steve

Note, I did not end up ordering the door panels.

So, as you can see, I paid for postage on the seat covers SEPARATE to the headliner. Hence the request for a refund for shipping I did not receive.
I did post this on Trans am Country, after telling Steve that I would do so if he did not refund me. He refused, after the posting, had a change of heart and refunded the cost of the headliner only, not postage.

I GUARANTEE I never received it. I will go on record as saying that if Steve produces my signature showing receipt of the HEADLINER (NOT the seat covers which I will pay him $1 million. Take a lie detector test. Anything.
I would like to see Steve offer to back his claims with such a guarantee.

I understand your statement Big Hooch, given the information you have. The forum post at transam country stated, keep it brief, just the facts. So I did. I just want to stop people from ripping people off. I have been a transam country forum member for years, bandittransam car club member for years and also have used ebay for years without one single negative complaint against me.
Unfortunately, if you look at steve's feedback, the same can not be said.
I never knew this site existed until I looked for a forum where other transam owners were likely to congregate, hence, possibly deal with the muscle car bone yard for parts. No point posting on the Oprah Winfrey site.

Most of all, I hope this starts a discussion about what people should expect from a transaction, and what is fair. I was not aware of the delays commonly experienced until Hitman mentioned it. But I am sure Hitman can produce a tracking number for his clients.

If there is any question of my validity, I am happy to post every email sent back and forth from Steve to me from day one. They will speak for themselves.

Please feel free to discuss the pro's and cons of my decision to make my interaction public. I have no issues with that. As for what I choose to do with my time. If one person saves themselves from losing their money. It was worth it.
Too often the little person gets brushed aside.

I look forward to any responses.

Mark.

Offline Bigghooch

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:02:13 AM »
It just seems someone would have better things to do with their time.
You received a refund, yet continue to try and spread the word about a bad seller. I have sold many things on the boards, and occasionally I have had issues
Some were completely my fault and I fixed them.
Some were not and I still fixed them.
If you look at this from both sides.....
You bashed the guy enough, so he gave a refund, and you still can not let it go
Life is too short
way too many cars
It is a sickness

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:43:41 AM »
Ok, guys, peopple have free reign (most of the time anyway) to post what they fell about sellers.  We try to watch out for each other about purchasers and people who sell stuff to us.  BANONE was informing us of a bad experience he had with a seller ... oh and by the way, welcome to my Forum.  I am sure there are people out there that will say good things about this seller.  I am also sure there are people out there that say bad things about me.  It goes both ways both pro's and con's.  I think the point has been made and statements have been said.  I think we can leave it for what it is worth.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 11:00:09 AM »
I am also sure there are people out there that say bad things about me. 

Not after Hammer pays them a visit...they ain't saying much of anything. :o :o ;)

Offline MusclecarBoneyard

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »
I was sent an email telling me about this site, Thanks ;D
I regret that we found the site under this situation.
The member BANONE ( Mark) ordered a set of seat covers and a headliner for his Trans Am
These items shipped together.
The shipping quote he posted was indeed from us, BEFORE the Post Office changed the Services they offered
They no longer offer the 4- 6 week Delivery service which was what we used for the International shipments
We had Quoted Mark a cost for shipping
Mark decided to purchase the items  many weeks later using the same Price for shipping.
However with the new rules we were able to send both packages to him with USPS
The items shipped together, Thus if he received ONE he received both.
Mark keeps asking for a second Tracking number, bbut there is not one since the items SHIPPED TOGETHER
I am unsure why he claims not to had received the headliner, maybe he is upset because the first time we talked we quoted him a higher shiping rate than we needed when the order was placed
When the items arrived maybe he thought we took advantage of him in our shipping cost.
Anyway, The tracking info shows he received the items, Paypal would not refund his money. I have issued a refund for the cost of the headliner thinking it would be a meet in the middle kind of thing, and hopefully he could let this go
If he wants to continue making these stories up we really can not stop him, but I can guarantee anyone who purchases from us will indeed receive the item they pay for.
I know Brett sells many of the same items we do, so I will not advertise on his site because it just does not seem right.
If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me and I will be happy to answer the best I can
Thanks
Steve.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 10:36:07 AM by MusclecarBoneyard »

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »
Thanks for coming here Steve.  Now, we heard both sides of the story so I think we can let this one go.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline BANONE

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 05:45:42 AM »
Thank you again for the feedback everyone.
I would be happy for Steve to put on this site the tracking number for all to see.
Then anyone interested can check (including me) with the post office to see what exactly was in the package, and what proof there is it was received.
I still stand by my $1 million dollars if he produces my signature showing item received.
I will leave it at that.
Thank you for the more than fair opportunity to be heard.
Mark.