Author Topic: Are these extinct?  (Read 2196 times)

Offline 78bandit6.6uk

Are these extinct?
« on: October 29, 2015, 07:01:07 PM »
Is there anywhere in the entire world that stocks these parts for my 78 Trans Am
I am looking for a pair of Black Deluxe Panels and a set of Black Deluxe Seat covers.
I actually thought this would be quite simple but NO
Nobody anywhere that I have contacted have both of these in stock and ready to ship'ts beyond painful trying to find these parts.Please somebody help before I give up and send my TA to the Scrap Yard!  :'(

Offline Transatrom

Re: Are these extinct?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:24:45 PM »
I think your seriously mistaken, I have a set of deluxe seat covers on order myself for a 78 T/A.  Look to the right, Hitman has linked various distributors that sell them.

If you need more I'll provide more distributors as well.

Offline 78bandit6.6uk

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 07:35:53 PM »
I know they can be ordered but that takes up to 6 weeks and I need the seat covers in the next 7 days as they are going with a car I'm having shipped to the UK"I cannot find anywhere that actually has them to buy now.I have found one place that has the deluxe panels available but again that's the same problem  :-\

Offline tata

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »
Did you try .https://tamrazs.wordpress.com/ or the parts place inc. If they have them in stock I'm not that far from them..I could go and get them shipped out for you. Here's my number if they have them in stock. 847 340 6638.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 02:51:06 AM »
No, but those sort of results are extinct. No one expects that sort of turn around on an overseas or even local order, then there's the several weeks/months wait for the auto trimmer to do them for you, before you even find the seat frames cracked and twisted and other faults. Time to be realistic. Even a shop with a buy it now option means nothing more than that they will order them in for you and often will have to be made to order unless a high supply item, and since they aren't in stock, they aren't. Send it to the scrap yard. Silly post.

Offline mikekop

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 06:25:28 PM »
I checked and Classic Industries has both door panels and seat covers in stock. In my experience, that means "in house" at Classic Industries.
I'm not dangerous, I'm just plain ugly...

Offline 78bandit6.6uk

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 06:35:25 PM »
I have managed to find them now at Florida Transam Thanks for your replies,I was never going to scrap the car so don't worry.I do need a Bumper cover now for the 78 can anyone help me with that .Thanks in advance  ;)

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 06:37:47 PM »
Not sure about new, they are often fibreglass or ill-fitting plastic, used often best and easier to obtain. Look for 77-78, not the flimsy 76 version.
So are you only doing it up to then pass to new owner, or do you have another?

Offline 78bandit6.6uk

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 08:19:44 PM »
I will check for one,maybe year one will have one.I have a 1978 Trans am Y88 SE confirmed on my PHS Docs.I t has a factory steel roof and no T TOPS and is currently undergoing restoration.I have also just bought a very nice 1979 Solar Gold TA  numbers matching 400 Manual from North Carlolina which I'm about to have shipped to the U.K.I will probably use them both for a year or so and sell them and import some more.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 08:10:02 PM »
Y88's don't have Black interiors.  ::)
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline 78bandit6.6uk

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 04:07:13 AM »
I know but when I bought it it was already done as a Bandit clone so I have decided to keep it as that  8)

Offline stan65

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 02:44:04 PM »
You looking for a front or rear cover? I have a NICE original cover off of a 78

Stan

Offline 78bandit6.6uk

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 06:02:43 AM »
I was only looking for the rear and eventually found one at Classic Industries which is on its way to me
I do need a space saver wheel,jack and inflator and the whole air intake ducting from shaker to fender.Thanks