Author Topic: Front Brakes Will Not Bleed. Why?  (Read 16810 times)

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Front Brakes Will Not Bleed. Why?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Thanks Joe, might be the way to go once I track down who stocks the right parts, check to see if anything else needed. I can't remember pulling the pistons out, but my notes say they were so possibly had them done at time of service or similar. They look fairly clean inside the pistons, not terribly old or used. Either way, hopefully will rule out that area if it doesn't actually fix the problem!

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »
Looks like my problem is solved.  I rebuilt the front calipers (again) with new seals and bushes, the pistons cleaned up as new. They were awfully gummed up inside though, surprising they applied or released at all. It also seems that one of the jobs I thought was done years ago was in fact not, must have just slipped past and forgot to tell me. The other problem was that even though the casting numbers on the calipers matches those used on 77-78 models, the bleeder screws and banjo bolts were metric. So some were either introduced before 79 or the same casting numbers were used over the different versions, makes ordering parts fun, wait weeks only to find they are wrong and you are stuck with them!

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 04:43:54 AM »
glad you resolved it
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"