Author Topic: Eroc022's Resto-Mod  (Read 107014 times)

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:27:52 PM »
okay I already started a page on TAC but i figured i should post one here for you guys too, even though some of you are on TAC, well here it is this is as far as i have gotten started about a year ago....making slow but steady progress...

hood in primer  :D

driver side 1/4 patch and skim coat :D

the car as it sat about a month ago :shock:

well now the car has a rear axle in it, dont have any pics yet but ill have to get some...also front wheels hopefully go back on this weekend...cant wait  :D

heres a previous pic from around jan-feb before i got the 1/4 patch at the rear wheel....you can see where somebody tried to pull it straight :x

i also need to find the pics of what it used to look like it was a nice car..with really shiny paint, now its a custom hot rod that i cant wait to get back on the road :twisted:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:05:00 PM by eroc022 »
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline Eagle 1

Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:30:58 PM »
Keep it up, looks great.
I am just starting on my rusted body. :cry:
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline HughJass

• Geoff
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:36:17 PM »
Looks good Evan, you'll be behind the wheel in no time!
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

79 W72 WS6,  work in progress - nicknamed Lucy

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:46:26 PM »
I've never seen one with that color combination before  :D

Looks like a very solid car.  I wish I had that much space to restore a car.  I have a three car garage and barely have room to walk in it!

And I doubt I could keep everything so clean!

Keep posting your progress!

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 01:05:53 AM »
Looking good Evan... I wish I was that close.
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 08:19:31 PM »
more progress.....this weekend i finished stripping the firewall and tailpanel and went foward with priming them.....im so happy, im making progress again :D , just need to get it on 4 wheels again...had a close call today :shock:  i was pushing everything back into my garage and went inside for some iced tea and come back out to hear a loud bang.....car fell off the front jackstands!!!!! thought i was going to have to kill somebody...but found out that nobody touched it....must be a ghost around here? but it didnt got down fully onto the new painted frame just went down onto the core support which ill be redoing next weekend..... so no biggie.....but heres some pics of todays work

Eroc

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 10:00:09 AM »
Wow!  Looks great!  You're doing a terrific job!  What color black will it be when you're done :D

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 06:00:46 PM »
ta78w72
Tech Staff

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! Looks great! You're doing a terrific job! What color black will it be when you're done  

the color black will the buccaneer red, i love that color
Eroc

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 10:28:41 PM »
Not black?  You're going with a different color!  I like red too.  I like all the colors though.  What color interior?  Red or black?   Is red the original color?

Your car will look really great when you get it done.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 10:32:23 PM »
Long story the first car i had was red, which i fell in love with, but i always wanted a blue one...but everybody has blue....after i got my red one i had a black 77 given to me with only 2400 miles on the car!!!!!but its been repainted a custom black/purple color, so everyone else already has a black t top t/a, and i want something different...i want a buccaneer red t top t/a with a 455, 4spd,a/c, full sound system, you name it i want it basically.id love for the car to run a 10 in the 1/4 then id be happy :D
Eroc

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 10:45:46 PM »
I'm curious about your drivers door.  Did it come off another firebird or is it a repo?  I was wondering if the repo's are any good.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »
ta78w72 Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious about your drivers door. Did it come off another firebird or is it a repo? I was wondering if the repo's are any good.

yes its a repop door skin.....this is the 2nd one its from goodmark and the quality is excellent!!!!! the first one was the 60 dollar one from npd and it was just way to flimsy so it bent up really bad putting it on and although i did get it straightened out with pulling dents and a skim coat of body filler, i put it on the car to find that the corner had a flare to it....so i decided id start from scratch AGAIN...i did both doors with skins as the previous ones seems as if the other owner wanted the car to be nothing but bodyfiller!!!! it was over an inch thick on the door!!!!but the passenger side is a NPD piece for 60$ and its amazingly perfect....dont know why the driver side wasnt as good to me ?
Eroc

Offline 81turbo

Restoration project
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 01:19:13 PM »
John and Matt should have the TA there just finishd her May 1, 2006. It is called the 'Project Home 2010 Vehicle'. An all day project  Got to go take the TA for a test drive lets hope there are no problems .
John Obik and Matt Mitch Urquhart had a yellow top in their truck for about 6 yrs beat the heck out of it now it is in their Project Home 2010 Vehicle .
John and Matt  had the same GTA wheels on their Project Home 2010 Vehicle TA till they got their ARE 398s that are 16s. I would love to see the snowflakes in a 17. With the 16s 255/50/16 is as big as you can go . A realy wide tire would be great. WOO HOO Matt Urquhart got his fathers day gift 2 floor tickets to Def Leppard and Tesla next week. The girlfriend (someday Matt's wife but Matt is only 19 and her 23 now) must have had a hard time getting them show is sold out. Matt can hardly wait. Matt is going to Def leppard with Tesla next monday thanks to Matt's girlfriend C.B. She got Matt Urquhart tickets for fathers day. John Obik might go with them .
Dont know if Billy The kidd is still around. He was in Torrington. Nice work though. You should take a ride to the track and ask around who does there engines. He loved the work Matt Mitch Urquhart and John Obik did on their Project Home 2010 Vehicle.
John Obik's and Matt Urquhart's toy is a 79 TA. She has a 78 400 block w\ 69 #16 heads, Stock crank that has been cross drilled, Eagle rods pushing keith Black pistons w\ Total Seal gapless rings. The cam is a comp cams 305h. Roller rockers by Harland Sharp. With a Pete Jackson (quit, ya right)Gear Drive. Their engine is toped off with a Torker 2 intake and a Demon carb, W/a Blockers performance BVES air filter to keep the shaker scoop right were it belongs, where Matt's swirley stainless steel club is in the front compartment. Spark and timing are by MSD, Matt and John use a 6AL box w/ a timing computer (no waights in the Distributor all timing handled by the msd computer) and a blaster 2 coil. The timing computer alowes Matt and John to retard their timing when they run their NOS Cheater set up. When they hit the nitrous button the computer will retard the timing the amount they set. Exhaust is moved by a set of Summit Racing headers into a Flowmaster exhaust.
This all makes for a fast and fun to drive TA.
Some pics of the engine can be seen here  
http://www.meetup.com/members/2878734/
All the power is sent into a turbo 350 with a 2600 rpm stall converter. The rear has 3:08 gears with disc brakes. The whole under side has been striped and repainted. All bushings are by Energy Suspension these include front and rear sway bars, front control arms, trany mount, leaf spring bushings, spring pads, shock bushings, and the snubers for the Competition Engineering traction bars. Shocks are Herb Adams 3 way adjustable units. Springs are ws6 front and rear. Wheels are ARE 398 16x8 with Dunlop 255-50-16 D40M2s. See the website at:
http://www.angelfire.com/clone2/projecthome2010

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Eroc022's Resto-Mod
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 06:35:17 PM »
81turbo Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Restoration project

John and Matt should have the TA there just finishd her May 1, 2006. It is called the 'Project Home 2010 Vehicle'. An all day project Got to go take the TA for a test drive lets hope there are no problems .
John Obik and Matt Mitch Urquhart had a yellow top in their truck for about 6 yrs beat the heck out of it now it is in their Project Home 2010 Vehicle .
John and Matt had the same GTA wheels on their Project Home 2010 Vehicle TA till they got their ARE 398s that are 16s. I would love to see the snowflakes in a 17. With the 16s 255/50/16 is as big as you can go . A realy wide tire would be great. WOO HOO Matt Urquhart got his fathers day gift 2 floor tickets to Def Leppard and Tesla next week. The girlfriend (someday Matt's wife but Matt is only 19 and her 23 now) must have had a hard time getting them show is sold out. Matt can hardly wait. Matt is going to Def leppard with Tesla next monday thanks to Matt's girlfriend C.B. She got Matt Urquhart tickets for fathers day. John Obik might go with them .
Dont know if Billy The kidd is still around. He was in Torrington. Nice work though. You should take a ride to the track and ask around who does there engines. He loved the work Matt Mitch Urquhart and John Obik did on their Project Home 2010 Vehicle.
John Obik's and Matt Urquhart's toy is a 79 TA. She has a 78 400 block w\ 69 #16 heads, Stock crank that has been cross drilled, Eagle rods pushing keith Black pistons w\ Total Seal gapless rings. The cam is a comp cams 305h. Roller rockers by Harland Sharp. With a Pete Jackson (quit, ya right)Gear Drive. Their engine is toped off with a Torker 2 intake and a Demon carb, W/a Blockers performance BVES air filter to keep the shaker scoop right were it belongs, where Matt's swirley stainless steel club is in the front compartment. Spark and timing are by MSD, Matt and John use a 6AL box w/ a timing computer (no waights in the Distributor all timing handled by the msd computer) and a blaster 2 coil. The timing computer alowes Matt and John to retard their timing when they run their NOS Cheater set up. When they hit the nitrous button the computer will retard the timing the amount they set. Exhaust is moved by a set of Summit Racing headers into a Flowmaster exhaust.
This all makes for a fast and fun to drive TA.
Some pics of the engine can be seen here
http://www.meetup.com/members/2878734/
All the power is sent into a turbo 350 with a 2600 rpm stall converter. The rear has 3:08 gears with disc brakes. The whole under side has been striped and repainted. All bushings are by Energy Suspension these include front and rear sway bars, front control arms, trany mount, leaf spring bushings, spring pads, shock bushings, and the snubers for the Competition Engineering traction bars. Shocks are Herb Adams 3 way adjustable units. Springs are ws6 front and rear. Wheels are ARE 398 16x8 with Dunlop 255-50-16 D40M2s. See the website at:
http://www.angelfire.com/clone2/projecthome2010

YOU MUST BE DOING SOME SERIOUS DRUGS
Eroc

Offline 81turbo

Drugs Bill?
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 09:45:49 AM »
Sounds like something that wack job Bill/Killer TA would say