Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690787 times)

Offline Pro71bird

Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« on: January 01, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »
Wanted to know where you folks are from? Forums such as this are a great place to network with fellow gear heads. Whats better is to actual meet fellow gear heads.
I'm located in Central California and enjoy attending car shows, cruises, and races.

Geo.  :D
George
1971 455 Firebird

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 11:15:06 PM »
George, I'm Robert... depending on what time of the year-I'll either be in South Carolina or Maryland. I really enjoy turning wrenches, locating parts and attending car shows. Of course I love the races... but it's red light to red light for me! Unless it's red light to blue light! LOL
Read your bio on your car! Sounds like a nice set up.  See ya around the board
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline TaksBandit

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 07:07:27 PM »
S/E Michigan here (and its damn cold) :(

Offline Pro71bird

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 08:12:33 PM »
Hello Robert and TaksBandit,
Good to hear from you! I noticed that this thread has had 35 views and a whopping 3 posts. LOL ......... It's ok guys to say hello, no one will knock on your door at 3:00 a.m. and try to sell you something. LOL  :lol:
thumbs up to Robert and TaksBandit......
By the way....... It's been raining like Cats & Dogs here in calif. Can't take the Bird out for a drive and that sucks!

Geo.
George
1971 455 Firebird

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Young Gun
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 08:39:33 PM »
Hey my name is Evan and im in Maryland, also probablly the youngest at only 18. restoring three 2nd gens (77,79,& 81) the 77 is a SE Bandit, the 79 is just a base Trans Am and the 81 is a SE Turbo....I used to have another 79 but it was completely dismantled and now I have ALOT of spare parts and constantly looking to be rid of them.....so if you are looking for something let me know..bought the 1st one , my 79, in Ohio the same week of the T/A nationals, which actually happened to be a complete rust bucket under all the bodywork and paint, and non original olds 350 engine, then after returning from my vacation I was given a "car" that happend to be a 77 SE with only 1500 miles on the clock!!!! and its all original, just needs a fresh painting.....but I have that one stashed away for now, and I recently purchased an 81 t-top turbo that im really souping up for some performance....kinda like overhaulin' but with my own designing put into it....check out some of the mods in progress/ completed in the highest modded ta forum,and thats pretty much my whole T/A story. Thanks
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline TAvsGN

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 09:07:10 PM »
Hello all, my name is Greg.  I live in Akron, Oh.  Right now I have a 98 Trans Am, a 78 Formula, both white, and (I know its off subject) an 87 Grand National.  Both my wife and I have the Firebird bug.  We got it after buying the Trans Am.  It soon got a WS6 style hood with airbox (WS7 as it may be called) and a SLP Loudmouth exhaust.  A year later, after wanting one since they were new, I got my Grand National.  I think I am still true to the FBody though.  Soon after, we took a road trip to New Phili, Oh and came back with the 78.  It is my wife's baby!  Got it with the original tires and single into dual exhaust, and 20K miles.  New tires and true dual exhaust went on, along with a new headliner.  The only other thing I am doing to it is adding a turned aluminum dash insert and formula steering wheel.  Check out Hitman's website and look at page 24 of the visitors gallery.  The Firebirds are posted in there.  My next Firebird will hopefully be an early 70's Formula.  I love the hoods on those.  The wife insists that we need to get a 68 and an 88 to complete the collection.  That is fine with me too!!

eroc, do you have any front seat belts or parts for them.  If so, email or PM me and I will explain what I need.  Thanks!
78 Formula
98 Trans Am
77 Grand Prix SJ
87 Grand National

The beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

Offline sheehan879

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 01:24:21 PM »
Hi,

My name is Jason, I live in Dorset, England.  I will soon be moving to  Germany.  I have owned a 1980 Formula now for 2 years.  Just starting to get it into shape, the only problem is restoration parts are all in the US, shipping is killing me.

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 03:15:52 PM »
Welcome abaord Jason. Post some pictures of your Formula.. if you want to. Drop me a line if you need anything. Robert

Offline sheehan879

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 03:51:26 PM »
Thanks,  Here is what the car looked like two weeks ago.

It is having a full respray as we speak, the interior is now black baring the dash board (i have new one to go in), the seats (still need covers), door cards (still need) and the carpet (still need).  So only the major parts.  I am in the middle of restoring a set of snowflakes and am on the look out for a 6.6 litre engine, not many about in england.  Over here 2 litres is concidered a big car.

This website is a real find, information in the uk is hard to come by

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 08:16:22 PM »
Cool Pictures Jason. What kind of Bird is that sitting on the hood. LOL... You don't ever let the little one drive, do you?

Offline Pro71bird

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 09:59:46 PM »
:D  Hello Evan, Greg, and Jason....... good to hear from you.

George
George
1971 455 Firebird

Offline sheehan879

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 01:56:02 AM »
Funny you should say that, we have a big airfeild on our camp, he has had a few goes up and down the airfeild.

Offline 79 TA

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 06:36:33 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Thomas and i'm from Savannah Georgia. I'm 23 and trying to finish techinial college for Automotive Collision Repair. I own a 1991 Firebird and restoring a 1980 Trans Am.
merican Classic Not Japenese Plastic

1991 Pontiac Firebird
1979 Pontiac Trans Am

Offline Ta2dbandit

• http://www.ta2dbandit.com (not in use yet)
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 09:31:55 PM »
Welcome aboard guys. I am from the central OH area. I have a 79 SE myself. i have owned many birds and loved them all from a 76 junker to an 89 GTA. The 79 is a current owner and is an obcession. From shows to the track, my bird sees it all. Glad to meet all of you.

Sometimes your the windshield. Sometimes your the BUG!

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 09:14:44 PM »
Pete from Dunlap TN We are near Chattanooga.
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

New & Used Replacement Parts
9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday