Author Topic: 1st Car show for my car--Meeker Days All Pontiac Oakland GMC show, Puyallup  (Read 3849 times)

Offline grenggli

Well, wish me luck on the journey of taking my car to Puyallup, Washington, about 225 miles away, to my first All Pontiac car show.  I am nervous about putting my car on the trailer and taking it off.  I decided to trailer it because I do not have enough miles on it to trust taking it over two mountain passes.  Motor only has roughly 200 miles on it.  I will run it around Puyallup though.  Nothing like doing the first one.  I hope it gets me into some contacts with others who are TA guru's on the coast.  The show is sponsored by the NCW Firebird club and some others.  Yes, I will take my camara and some pictures.

Greg
1981 Blk & Gold Pontiac TTA with  455 SE clone--sold
1978 Silver Pontiac TA with BB 454 (sold)
1989 Maui blue Pontiac Firebird Formula--sold
1988 Flame Red Pontiac GTA 5.0TPI 5spd T-tops-sold
1993 Burgundy Z28 Camaro LT1 Auto hardtop==sold

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
Good luck bub ... run it up Mt. Ranier!
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline grenggli

Well Guys and Gals, the journey was met with success!  I did not damage my car, had a good time, and to boot I won 1st place in the All Pontiacs Modified category.  Somewhere between 60 and 80 cars at the show sponsored by the Puget Sound Pontiac Oakland GMC truck or POCI car club.  Never to worry, I took pictures, but to save posting so many, I will post some of the journey here and put a thread to my Photobucket folder where I saved all of them I took.

Now here are some of the journey from start to finish:

Arrived in Bothell at mother in laws

At car show

Plaque won for 1st place Modified division

Loaded up to return home

A great thanks to many here at TAC for answering my questions and helping me get the car ready for show.  My buddy Russ has been instrumental in getting the car going and transported.  We will be working on his 1979 TA more now. 

And here is the photobucket folder with many of the cars at the show:

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/grenggli/2009%20POCI%20car%20show/

Hope this gets some of you salivating.
 :P :P :P

Greg

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
Wow...nice truck...Oh and the car is really sweet too...I really like your wheels.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
"A great thanks to many here at TAC for answering my questions and helping me get the car ready for show.  My buddy Russ has been instrumental in getting the car going and transported.  We will be working on his 1979 TA more now.  "

This is 78TA.com....haha.  Thanks for all the great pictures.  It looks like it was a great time.  Congrats on the 1st place. 

Offline grenggli

Oops!  The copy and paste feature got me.   :o  Many thanks to 78 TA as well.  I have also gotten invaluable help from here too.

Greg

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
Oops!  The copy and paste feature got me.   :o  Many thanks to 78 TA as well.  I have also gotten invaluable help from here too.

Greg

Just giving you a hard time...Thanks again for the pictures. 

Offline ddmurdock

Congrats on the win, that's a fine looking machine.
'77 SE Y82 L78 for show
'95 Y82 for go
'98 WS6 SGM 1 of 26

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
Looks great Greg - nice ride.
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline bigty88

• 1978 SE Y88
Fine looking car Greg...congrats on the win.

Tommy

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
is it a secret that all trans am owners must own a pewter chevy or gmc truck? did you get any pics of that green 78 grand am you were parked next too? thats a rare puppy there. i used to own a black one a long time ago it was my x's parents old car they bought new in 78. i sold it when we broke up. didnt want anymore memories of losing the girl i cared so much for at that time.
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline grenggli

Rick,

You talking about this one

Yes.  It is a 1978 Grand Lemans which had a 231 V6 but the guy had put in a 420 horse Chev 283 performance machine engine in it.  The car was his dad's and he now owns it with quite the nostalgia going.

Greg

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
whoops i forgot they made 2 door lemans too. i had a 78 grand am that came with a 301 originally and then i put in a 455 and put a single exhaust back on it per my brother's suggestion and made it a very serious sleeper.
Too many birds, not enough food.