Author Topic: got my balancer off now............  (Read 14013 times)

Offline whwright

LET'S SEE IT!
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »
Before buying new plugs, pull a couple and check them out.  I've had some engines that rattled for many many miles without damaging the plugs.

Regarding posting photos, I for one would like to see pictures of your ride.

Here's how I post pictures for this forum.  There are other sites that work very similar, but this is the one I use.  With some of the image sharing sites, you don't even have to create an account (but creating an account makes it easier to find the pictures later).  Also, keep in mind that -- if I recall correctly -- the pictures eventually get old enough that they simply disappear.

1.  Go to " imageshack.us ".

2.  Click on the "browse" button and select the picture you want to post.

3.  If the picture is bigger than 1.5 MB, click the "resize" box and select a good size from the pulldown menu (I find that 800x600 works well).

4.  Click the "host it!" button.

5.  After a few minutes the picture will be uploaded, and the web site will display some "imbeddable" code items.  Leave this window "open."

6.  Open another Internet Explorer window, and create the post where you want picures. From the previous "imageshack" page, cut and paste the one that says "forums" on it.  If you prefer, the thumnail works too.

7.  Preview your message to be sure the picture(s) look OK.

8.  Post it, and you're done!

For example, here's a picture I just uploaded of all the "light parts" (not the heads and intake) from my Trans Am engine stacked on my Mustang.  (This was taken while the T/A was taken apart, of course.)  The picture was almost 2MB, but I clicked the "resize to 800x600" button before uploading it.

Here's the thumbnail of the same picture:

You guys probably think this finally finds a useful purpose for a Mustang, right?

Good luck, and I WANTA SEE THOSE PHOTOS!

Wayne.
1978 Trans Am
1975 Grand Prix
1971 Chevy C20
1972 ...uhem... mustang

Offline whwright

got my balancer off now............
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2006, 04:38:11 PM »
By the way -- I'm glad to hear you got the car running good.  When we were messing with my son's car, it was amazing how much difference the timing made, and how much difference the carb jets (Holley) made.

What timing did you finally settle on?
1978 Trans Am
1975 Grand Prix
1971 Chevy C20
1972 ...uhem... mustang

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2006, 06:09:22 PM »
1onehotTA, are you running the original carburetor?

Offline 1onehotTA

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 03:03:48 PM »
Im running a Edebrock perofrmer 650cfm
A rocket car could make it...............Anyone who knows what movie this line is from has to be from this forum.

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2006, 04:37:05 PM »
The reason I asked is the original Rochester carb for the W72 is a 850 CFM, which was specially matched to that engine.