Author Topic: Grown men do cry  (Read 8169 times)

Offline Eagle 1

Grown men do cry
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2006, 01:36:34 AM »
Maybe the pickup screen inside the fuel tank is partially clogged.
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline 428 78T/A

Grown men do cry
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 05:08:40 AM »
New tank, screen, lines, filter. The owners manual for the carb speaks of this bog and suggests the user to use or try different metering rods and as a last resort, the jets. So it looks like thats what Ill do. As for now Im afraid to pass anybody. Sounds like an early Sunday morning experiment when the PO's are still in bed.
piccoli : "I can fix it. My dad's a television repair man, he's got an awesome set of tools"

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Grown men do cry
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 04:48:07 PM »
Have you checked or adjusted the float level in the carb? Maybe the bowl is not holding enough fuel for WOT???
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline 428 78T/A

Grown men do cry
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 11:44:35 PM »
Have not tried that but did add 3/4 turn to both A/F mixture screws today to go richer and treated the car bad. Could not get it to bog. Its good news but the weather conditions were very favorable, 60 Deg, no humidty, as opposed to the weather when it acts up, 95 Deg high humidity. So we shall see what she does on a day like that. Actually ran its best today, got it home, kept it running, popped the hood to see if the gauge was working. Pegged at 0. That simply defies all laws of physics.
piccoli : "I can fix it. My dad's a television repair man, he's got an awesome set of tools"

Offline 428 78T/A

Grown men do cry
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 12:10:10 AM »
called and spoke with a Summit rep tech today and asked him about the gauge. He said that although it looks really fuctional and may work sometime, its solely a peice to dress up the engine and has no reliabily. Man they should put this kind of BS in the small print next to the product.