Author Topic: "Cruise-In" Placard/poster  (Read 1730 times)

Offline gotsmoke?

"Cruise-In" Placard/poster
« on: June 24, 2008, 02:31:55 PM »
A while back I asked the question about what kind of repsonses do you and your TA get at public shows/cruises.  The replies and personal experience got me to thinking the the regular guy/gal doesn't know much about 2 gen TAs.  I made a 18"x24" placard with some quick factoids about 79 TAs.  I got pics form all over the internet and might even have your car on there.  If I do, I hope it doesn't bother you.  The idea was to put performance into perspective.  I also wanted show that not all TAs were beaters.  Despite the large production numbers, there were some valuable short series combos and these cars can hold there own.  I do know that I quoted some text from different things I have read and don't claim to be the original pen.  I have seen many people read this at the cruises and have enjoyed the conversations it brings around, not the same ol' "I had one of those back in..."  It is nice to hear things like "That was the last of the 400s...huh, didn't know that." or "I didn't like the Corvettes anyway"  ;D  I know that the TA ran a 14.6 and a 15.3 according to two different pubs, so I averaged the numbers.  The other cars came from different sites and publications.    If my numbers are wrong...let me know.  I can always use more education.

1979 400 4spd sans T-tops

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
Re: "Cruise-In" Placard/poster
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 10:17:47 PM »
I like the poster!!
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
Re: "Cruise-In" Placard/poster
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 10:39:09 PM »
Wow, that is cool, I'd like to put something like that together for my '75.  That is very cool!
Rich