Author Topic: 1978 & 1979 trans am trade for car,truck,motorcycle  (Read 8555 times)

Offline jclockga

1978 & 1979 trans am trade for car,truck,motorcycle
« on: November 30, 2006, 11:03:35 PM »
:cry:  :x Due to transportation problems need to trade 1978 trans am.Needs a timing chain.Has a olds 350,TH350.Has many new parts.Edlebrock card,holley electric fuel pump W/feam racing filter,new tires,has had both head gaskets replaced.The 79 is a donor car.Has a 403,no tranny.Email for more info
9 screamin' chicken=one mad wife!

Offline burner

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 04:11:34 PM »
Iv send jclockga a money on dec 13 for serval parts he agreed to sell me, he has cashed the money order and i have note heard from him since i have pm'd here from this forum and emailed him several times with no response... so i would be very cautious buying any parts he has to sell

Offline Starsky

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:42:36 PM »
Quote from: "burner"
Iv send jclockga a money on dec 13 for serval parts he agreed to sell me, he has cashed the money order and i have note heard from him since i have pm'd here from this forum and emailed him several times with no response... so i would be very cautious buying any parts he has to sell

Well that sucks..because I sent him a money order for some manifolds and he said they were mailed on the 18th of December and I have yet to recieve them. Has not responded to email.

Of course being the holidays and all, its possible he is out of town...and the parts shipment is slow..I was about to post here asking him to let me know the tracking number..and saw your post...I hope its all innocent enough..
9 Special Edition per PHS
403 T-Top

Offline Starsky

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 05:05:50 PM »
Well, its not looking good..no response..no part..
403 T-Top

Offline burner

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 05:03:00 AM »
still no response from him  im going to start making phone calls  to see what i can find out.   this is the address he gave me David Tolbert
 198 Herman Dr   Commerce Ga 30530  i have all the emails he sent me and the receipt from the money order.

Offline burner

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:27:40 AM »
I called  the number for 197 Herman Drive and spoke with a lady, she was very nice.   David Tolbert is her neighbor so 198 Herman drive is a good address.   She didnt know his phone  number but she said she would put my message on his door.   Starsky if you want to call  her the number is 706-757-8824.   I told her i had called information to get his number and they gave me her number instead.  Surprisingly she said that has happened before,  I  just made it up.
She knew he was a mechanic but didnt know what name of the shop  but it was off route 441.

Offline burner

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »
I just called the 5 tolberts that came up in commerce got 4 ansswering machines and 1 didnt answer at all. I left messages and ill try again tonight

Offline Starsky

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »
Sounds like you have a good bead on him with the neighbor. I have been sending him emails, and with your note on his door, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Had he not said it was "in the mail" I would lean more towards an emergency happening, but to assure me its on its way..but "might be slow getting there due to christmas" and then it never arriving...not looking good.
403 T-Top

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 09:09:33 PM »
I'm always leary when they say "might be slow getting there due to christmas". It's almost as if they are trying to give themselves more time to get away with something. :?
Larry

Offline Crzy4my10th

• Tampa, FL
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:59:10 PM »
Quote from: "SirLDragon"
I'm always leary when they say "might be slow getting there due to christmas". It's almost as if they are trying to give themselves more time to get away with something. :?

I'm kind of dealing with this right now. I bought a NOS set of door panels the TA back in NOV. I told the guy to hold off on sending them until I got back from my left coast trip. I called the day before I got home to have him send them out. Well, that was back on the 22nd of Dec. I have yet to recieve them. Even though I received an email the other day stating they were being sent the "my parnter closed up shop and he didn't send them out" comment has got me a little worried. Time will tell but I have a bad felling about this one.

David
1979 400 4 speed Formula

Offline Starsky

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 03:53:51 PM »
I guess I should consider myself lucky. I have bought over 80 items on Ebay and never got ripped off...sold a Starsky and Hutch limited Edition 76 Gran Torino to a guy 4 states away over ebay and never got ripped off...this will be my first rip off..its unfortunate it came from here....woulda rather it been ebay..
403 T-Top

Offline burner

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 08:29:28 PM »
yeah this is my first bad experience also.... i sell and buy on ebay a lot and had never had a problem.    anyway.... today i called the police in Jackson County GA  they informed to contact my local police and file a report.  Then my local police would contact Jackson County back to press the charges.   So i gave him one last chance with an email before i go through with filing the complaint. Starsky I dont know how much money he got you for but i would call your local authorities to do the same.   Since he ripped off more than one person it would looke really bad him.   So the ball is in his court.   Jackson County Sheriffs number is  706-367-8718

Offline scoutleslie

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 08:57:11 PM »
If anyone needs any parts I would highly recommend Ken Austin of Arizona Rust-free Trans Ams I bought a couple of doors from him and they were sent out right away ended up having a problem with one it was tweaked or something and I am doing a concourse resto on a 78 T/A anyway the point is I called him up he apologized and sent out another door right away--no charge that was very impressive to me since I phoned in the order and paid with credit card over phone. Thats my opinion for what its worth

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »
Yep Ken's a standup guy as is Pete of FBodywarehouse. I'd recommend both without any reservations.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone