Author Topic: Front cowl/dash  (Read 4409 times)

Offline HughJass

• Geoff
Front cowl/dash
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:49:39 PM »
Not sure what this part is called but it is the front part of the dash where the defrost vents and speaker grill is.
I am looking for one with the 2 speaker cutouts in the corners, I found 2 speakers and grills on ebay.
Does this piece come out? Anyone got one?
Anyone got these speakers on their car and could take a good pic of them without the speakers in it , I may cut my own holes for them.

I was looking for a place to put 2 front speakers and didnt want to butcher the new deluxe door panels I am buying from Brett or put them in the console.

TIA
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

79 W72 WS6,  work in progress - nicknamed Lucy

Offline 81BlackTA

Front cowl/dash
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »
Man that is a major job to change that piece.  :evil: That metal dash piece continues under the windshield and goes out to the firewall. Windshield gotta come out, etc. My car is currently stripped with the windshield out. I will try to get a pic for you. I think its a big job to cut the dash and have it look like they were there from the factory.  :idea: The easiest way would be to find a donor car and cut out about 1/2" around the factory hole and try to weld it into the same size hole in your dash. Then skim over the neatly ground weld with a bit of fill and repaint the metal dash. I think my parts car has the pieces you need.
1 WS4 TA
ZZZ Roller 350
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge G1 Heads
XR264HR Comp Cam and valve train
Performer intake
TH350 3:08 posi
4 Wheel Disc

Offline HughJass

• Geoff
Front cowl/dash
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:25:21 PM »
Well my windshield was going to be coming out anyway so that wont be a big deal, I figured I would just cut holes in my own if it is going to be a major hassle.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

79 W72 WS6,  work in progress - nicknamed Lucy