Author Topic: My new toy ,the Go Pro camera .Anyone tried one yet?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
My new toy ,the Go Pro camera .Anyone tried one yet?
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »
http://www.goprocamera.com/?_kk=go%20pro&_kt=21ad2ca0-d523-4532-8681-323371bdcadc&gclid=CLPtl8nV65kCFRMUagodYzrBQw

video  http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=12

I bought the camera for skydiving ,as I thought it would be pretty cool to document my first free fall.  The unit itself is quite unique ,but there videos look's far better than what I have accomplished .
I mounted it to the rear window of the T/A and went for a drive on some windy roads ,but everything turned out over exposed outside the car .I did not see any control for exposure in the manual ,as I suspect it's auto only.  
They are so close to designing a decent system ,and I think the next generation may be the one to get . Also it's own internal electronics I believe may be causing this constant static in the audio which people including myself are complaining about  . But the unit is sealed and is  in a water tight case so maybe that is probably not helping the audio quality . But this day and age ,that should be a hurdle that is easy to over come.
They really need to step up the resolution to 640 - 480 ,which in imho is the smallest you can go for any decent video play back. It will come at the expense of less video recording ,but it does 55 minutes now with its maximum allowed 2 gig card ,and I could live with 10 minutes less if it meant improving the video playback.

Check out some of there videos ,they are pretty cool . As I say though it was more than dissapointing with the results that I got . I ended up using there mount and modding a piece from my tripod to mount my own point and shoot panasonic. But I haven't had a chance to do a test as the weather has gone for s#^* again.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 12:01:22 PM by RainMan »