Author Topic: THREE WIRES TO FEMALE PLUG NEAR SHIFTER?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Phadrius23

THREE WIRES TO FEMALE PLUG NEAR SHIFTER?
« on: June 05, 2015, 08:30:08 AM »
Hi everyone, I have three wires running to a plug clip that I  can't remember what it goes to.   It comes from an electrical box under stereo/ash tray area and runs past my shifter..., i only remember the seat belt wire and the power window wires when I pulled the carpet, anyone know what this could be? It's a 1981 firebird trans am. Thanks in advance...

Offline tata

Re: THREE WIRES TO FEMALE PLUG NEAR SHIFTER?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »
What color?

Offline Phadrius23

Re: THREE WIRES TO FEMALE PLUG NEAR SHIFTER?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 04:08:00 AM »
I didn't get a chance to check when I got home, but I think I figured it out.  One of the last projects before winter was replacing the stereo, I believe I found that clip under the dash and ran it over the shifter so I wouldn't forget about it.  Since I forgot about it, I assumed it was one of the wires that ran through center console somewhere.  I am almost positive it is part of the ECM.  I just dropped in a 389 with RAIII heads, is there anything I would need the ECM unit for ? If it is indeed the ECM I would like to get rid of any excess wiring I can... right now it looks like a rats nest under dash and under hood from previous owner...  I will check this evening for sure though...