Author Topic: Fuel and volt gauge wiring  (Read 2051 times)

Offline rserrano45transam

Fuel and volt gauge wiring
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:18:36 PM »
How do these wire up ? For the fuel gauge is the pink the sender and the tan the ground ? I've heard other wise but it doesn't make sense. For the volt gauge I just plain don't know what the orange and black(Iam guessing ground) do

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Fuel and volt gauge wiring
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 04:13:45 AM »
Not really following the questions, but yes black is ground and orange is live feed, the cluster also grounded by the terminal for black wire.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 03:00:43 PM »
Okay thanks. What about the fuel gauge. It doesn't have a black wire it has a pink and a tan wire. Which ones ground?

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
I don't think either is, the sender is grounded through the tail panel and the volt gauge already grounds the cluster which they are insulated from. What are you trying to figure out, or just curious?

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:04:09 AM »
okay so my new kwik wire harness has only a pink wire that connects to the sender on the gas tank and runs back to the gauge, so obviously i connect the pink wire on the harness to the pink wire on the gauge right? so do i also connect the pink to the tan wire too? what do i do about that ?

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 12:06:19 AM »
No idea about that harness.

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
okay so my new kwik wire harness has only a pink wire that connects to the sender on the gas tank and runs back to the gauge, so obviously i connect the pink wire on the harness to the pink wire on the gauge right? so do i also connect the pink to the tan wire too? what do i do about that ?

The pink wire on the IP harness is 12v power.  The tan wire is the sender wire.  The wire from the sender starts tan at the sender then changes to pink at the trunk connection and then back to tan at the IP harness.