Author Topic: 75 Restoration questions  (Read 1478 times)

Offline sick1

75 Restoration questions
« on: January 16, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »
Hello. Sold my 77 20 years ago, missed it a lot, but working, family, business and farming has kept me out of the "game" since. Got to visit the T/A Nationals in Dayton this year as my son is now attending Wright State, and caught the bug. Have always wanted a Buccaneer Red T/A with black interior and I found one out of state and picked it up a couple weeks ago. It's in the body shop as I type this getting prepped for minor body work and new paint job. I pulled the motor and transmission and they are at shop torn apart right now also. The car was in very good condition, so the project is coming together rather quick. I do plan on taking to the T/A Nationals and maybe some other local events. I do have some questions that I hope you may be able to answer.

1) Where do I find a front bumper? (I've been looking)

2) Will a fuel injection TB type carb system (such as the Holley Sniper or FiTech) disqualify the car from the stock class? Will an Edelbrock P4B work for the stock class?

3) Is the valley oil cover pan the same color as the rest of the motor?

4) Where is the best place to purchase original type decals, and where is the best place to have it installed in Ohio?

thank you, Jon

PS I will get some pics posted soon

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: 75 Restoration questions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:53:48 PM »
1. For a '75? Based on heading.

2. Very much so, can't pretend it's stock or hide it.

3. Yes

4. Stick to the main brands like Phoenix Graffix and then look for good deal and stored correctly. Not all brands are correct or offer all colours.

Offline sick1

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 12:13:11 AM »
Yes sir 1975

And with the throttle body fuel injection I was thinking "hide it" or mostly hide it. Was hoping the P4B qualified as "stock aftermarket replacement" due to it being a "copy" of a stock part.

Offline sick1

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 06:33:23 AM »
And duh  :-\ it looks like this is the best place to get the decal kit (after researching)

Just wondering if there is someone in the central Ohio area that "is the best" at installing the "bird"?

Thanks again