Author Topic: Lowering blocks ?  (Read 2284 times)

Offline dgilleland

Lowering blocks ?
« on: April 14, 2007, 02:05:54 PM »
Hey fellow TA fans,

I want to get your feedback on lowering blocks.  The rear of my T/A has global west leaf springs 1" drop and I had them dearched 3/4" and still the rear sits about 2" higher than the front.  I really do not want have to remove the springs.  My local shop suggested that I use lowering blocks 1" to raise the axle and I am hesitant because I think this will allow the axle to travel.  I know that the springs will settle, but its been 2yrs and the height has not changed.

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Re: Lowering blocks ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean about the axle "traveling" but the blocks are made to fit in between the spring and the pad on the axle and has a hole on one side for the alignment pin on the spring to fit into and it's own alignment pin to fit in the axle pad's hole, thereby keeping everything in place. A 1" block wouldn't give enough leverage to cause any twisting under load. Trucks have been using them for years. And this would give you an easy way to raise the rear of the car back up if the springs do end up settleing any more.
Larry

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: Lowering blocks ?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:03:26 PM »
I agree.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am