Author Topic: '79 T/A parting out---What parts do you need?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Frode_skj

Re: '79 T/A parting out---What parts do you need?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 11:18:02 AM »
is the car solid? no title or something since you part it out?
"79 Trans Am tenth Anniversary Edition"
"81 Turbo Trans Am"
Sad to see that people part out T\A's :( especially saveable ones

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
battery tie down clamps?

Offline JoshRiess

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 12:25:47 AM »
arm rest pulls if in decent shape shipped 93305
                     JOSH

Arm rest are not in this car. I do have some red ones in the garage somewhere.
What color are you looking for?
I'm looking for camel but any color will do for now as mine is broken and I have to roll the window down to shut the door. Sad.. really....

Offline TransSami

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 05:56:12 AM »
What's the shape of interior plastic parts ( kick panels, glove box door, sali panels etc. ) ? They are llight blue, right?

Thanks, Sami

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2011, 09:20:58 AM »
What's the shape of interior plastic parts ( kick panels, glove box door, sali panels etc. ) ? They are llight blue, right?

Thanks, Sami
Sir alot of the interior is missing or was in the trunk broken. Whoever took the interior apart didn't love T/A's. A lot of it is/was junk.
If you want the glove box door. It's yours for free. It is in good (but dirty) condition.

Please give me a couple days to get this car apart and pictures up. I do wonder what it would cost to ship to Finland? But--To you the Glove Box Door is FREE.
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:21 AM »
arm rest pulls if in decent shape shipped 93305
                     JOSH
Sir--- I will dig out the arm rest sometime this weekend as I'm parting this car.
Please contact RENOVATIONS---he has a VERY NICE set of Camel boys. I sold a set of camel boys last winter.

Arm rest are not in this car. I do have some red ones in the garage somewhere.
What color are you looking for?
I'm looking for camel but any color will do for now as mine is broken and I have to roll the window down to shut the door. Sad.. really....
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »
is the car solid? no title or something since you part it out?
[/quote

Sir--- I just saved this car from going to the crusher. A lot of it is broken up or missing. No motor/trans--- 80% of the interior is gone or broken.   I bought it to get part for others who may need a piece here or there. I want and will keep there disc rear end and required brake parts (for my future use). The old Hurricane wheels on it are super sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Factory jack and bottle inflator--- were in the trunk. Windshield----Hope it don't break----I have at least 5-6 people every month call me seeking a windshield. Hope I can help them out.  Parts are to help others save their car. I just had a father and son team travel 5(+) hours to pick up that complete sub-frame from the 1978. They were absolutely pleased. Their smile and excitement made me feel really good. I just helped this father and son to have the parts. Sir----this father and son team will be spending quality time together making memories. They will some day be driving their T/A project around together and will be proud of the time and efforts they spent with eachother.

If this T/A was reasonably savable--- It would be. I have 3 T/A's of my own. Hell--- I might buy another one tomorrow.
I love T/A's!!!!!!!!  
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline Frode_skj

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 11:57:24 AM »
I didn't meen to offend you or anything :( If I did I'm sorry, I love T\A's too, and would love to see everyone saved if possible :)
"79 Trans Am tenth Anniversary Edition"
"81 Turbo Trans Am"
Sad to see that people part out T\A's :( especially saveable ones

Offline TransSami

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 03:38:44 PM »

Thanks, Sami
Sir alot of the interior is missing or was in the trunk broken. Whoever took the interior apart didn't love T/A's. A lot of it is/was junk.
If you want the glove box door. It's yours for free. It is in good (but dirty) condition.

Please give me a couple days to get this car apart and pictures up. I do wonder what it would cost to ship to Finland? But--To you the Glove Box Door is FREE.

Well, your pricing seems very reasonable, I have to say. :)

My interior is complete, but more or less junk. Really bad dry rot mostly. The only good is dash, which of course is a really good thing.

But take your time and take a few pics of what you have and that glove box door. And let's see if they are worth overseas shipping.

Thanks a lot.

-Sami

Offline leec79

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »
Do you have the pulleys from the 403 olds. I need a 3 grove crank pulley and a water pump pulley . And any motor bracket you may have for the 403 I'm putting back together out of my old T/A that was wrecked 11 years ago when a 18 year old girl ran a stop sign and hit me , totaled the car....

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
Do you have the pulleys from the 403 olds. I need a 3 grove crank pulley and a water pump pulley . And any motor bracket you may have for the 403 I'm putting back together out of my old T/A that was wrecked 11 years ago when a 18 year old girl ran a stop sign and hit me , totaled the car....

The car didn't have motor or transmission in it.

Where are you located?
There's a guy in lower michigan with a post on craigslist for a complete 403 (less carb) for $50.
It's worth a shot. Parts are parts.
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline leec79

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »
I'm in northwest Indiana , and your right parts are parts as long as there the right parts , if you can forward me the link to that post . thanks ....leedeerslayer@comcast.net

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 12:31:54 PM »
would you consider cutting out the toe pans if they are in good shape? what would be the price if you can cut them out?  also 3 pc rear spoiler how much would that cost
[/quote

I just removed the rear 3 piece spoilers. I will let you have all of them with the hardware for $50 (+shipping).

Let me snap off pictures of this cars floor and you decide if you want any of it.
Best to send me  a message to my e-mail so I can get to you faster. My e-mail is : brotherhood1970@gmail.com.

If anybody else is interested in metal from the car please ask ASAP.  I'm cutting it up Monday right after work.
There are some areas that have prior patching and some that are in great condition.

-check out DOWN-NOLA.com