Author Topic: Anastasiofan92's interior  (Read 31251 times)

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
Re: Anastasiofan92's interior
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 09:35:56 AM »
Looks good

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 10:15:06 AM »
That new shiftplate of mine is gonna look killer in there. :D

Oh and Michael, let me know about the doorpanel pieces, I think this guy here might get them for me, but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's the topic http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=14253.90 . I asked him to pm me, but we'll see.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:23:20 AM by Anastasiofan92 »
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 12:14:40 PM »
kevin,  I will let you know on Monday.  I added to your post on the parts wanted you linked to with a pic.   Do the same and let me know if you score some. 

Michael Russell

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
Ok, I got in touch with him, and he's going to email me some pictures. He says no cracks in them, and he's going to get a shipping quote for your zip code. I just need to know his paypal, and see some pictures of them before I buy them. This is probably a score for me, finally... :D

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 08:26:14 PM »
Alright man...  here are a few more pics.    Not too much exciting though.  I wanted to start on the seats, but your springs need replaced and I don't have anymore.  To top it off, my distributor quit carrying them a while back.    I think I found some but I have to wait till monday.  So the front seats are on hold till then.

Meanwhile,  I got the dash dyed for the most part.  I think I need to hit the glove box area again as it looks kinda spotty.  The rest of it looks good though.  I also got the A pillars finsihed and the dash cap installed.. but since it is freshly installed the pics have the phone books on it for weight while the silicone dries.   For an upper cap only that does not cover the whole dash, it looks pretty good I think.   Gonna have to trim out around the glove box door though as it catches it some on the corner. 

Other than that, I got the kick panels touched up, and the carpet is completely trimed and ready for sill plates and seats.   Waiting on sill plates till last though so as not to scuff them up.

Michael Russell

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »
It looks like a brand new dash, awesome. I have some questions for you, but we can talk later. I'm also glad we got rid of that 'a pillar' orange paint crap there with some new dye. Everything looks fantastic.

By the way, I've got two guys lined up for the door panel pieces. One guy says his are uncracked (acgwinn) and the other says one of his is cracked but the other is fine. If I can get the first set that are uncracked for my car, you might want to get the other set for yourself Michael just in case down the road since these pieces seem to be a rare commodity on the T/A market as I've unfortunately figured out the hard way. I'm just waiting on acgwinn to get back with me on a shipping quote on the pieces to your zip code, so it's a waiting game for right now.

Also, do you see right below the a/c settings thing all those little velcro leftover marks? Can we get rid of those if it's not too much trouble? I guess the guy who had it before me used the velcro for something, so I took the velcro off and was left with those marks. How do we get rid of them?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:21:42 PM by Anastasiofan92 »

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 10:26:42 PM »
I have some adheasive remover that I think will get rid of it.   I'll give it a try.

It looks like whoever had this car before you had stuff screwed in everywhere!!   There are screw holes in the seatbelt covers at the headliner, the front molding and so on.   Crazy people ::) 

Michael Russell

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 10:35:30 PM »
I know, this guy in particular drives me crazy. When I was tearing her down this summer I found all sorts of crap that really drove me nuts, like these aftermarket gauges DRILLED into the old console I had. Also, why are my seatbelts blue? Is it because of fading? It's funny because I always noticed they were faded, but with all those newly dyed pieces they really really stick out haha. It's not a big deal to me, but it's kinda funny I guess. Anyway, my dad wanted me to ask you about his 'green' bulb for the transmission shifter plate thing haha, and he also wanted me to ask you if you could make it so that the transmission shifter clicked into place instead of kinda clunking in there. He thinks it just needs some 'gunk' (whatever that is) in the shifter area to make it shift more cleanly. I don't know, he wanted me to ask about that. Also, before I forget he wanted to know if an 'embroidered bird' could be put in the upper part of the back seat without too much trouble.. I think it would be cool too, but if it would be too much trouble then it's definitely not worth it. That's all I can think of right now, but that dash looks perfect; my dad said that it looks phenomenal. As far as all that 'extra stuff' he wanted me to ask, he seems to forget that it's my money that I'm spending, so it's easy for him to 'suggest' new ideas haha. Anyway, if you can't dig up those 'terminals' for the dome light, feel free to order the $4 dollar ones that you know of.

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »
I bought the pieces from acgwinn mike. Hes going to ship to you, but oboogie80 still has his for sale if you want to get some for yourself. I got mine for 32$ shipped by the way.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
nice job on the dash. i thouhgt you replaced it. haha
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »
Kevin,   Just thought Id let you know that nothing is happening today.     I did however order some seat springs ( you need them) and plan to get the seat tracks tomorrow.   So the seats will wait till then so I dont have multiple parts finished and lying around.    Also the doors are on hold till the upper rails arrive.   I may work on the weather strip and console the next day or two to get it finished.    But till new parts arrive, Im kinda holding still on the car.

Michael Russell

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 12:36:14 AM »
It's all good michael, it's just a waiting game as far as progress is concerned, im waiting on acgwinn to tell me they've been shipped and stuff. Let me know about whats up with those window felts and getting them to Brett and that whole situation. So where do you get the seat springs from and how do you install them? Were they expensive, I hope not haha. But what about the seat metal? Should we repaint the seat metal or does it matter I personally don't care but whatever you think I'd best.

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »
It's all good michael, it's just a waiting game as far as progress is concerned, im waiting on acgwinn to tell me they've been shipped and stuff. Let me know about whats up with those window felts and getting them to Brett and that whole situation. So where do you get the seat springs from and how do you install them? Were they expensive, I hope not haha. But what about the seat metal? Should we repaint the seat metal or does it matter I personally don't care but whatever you think I'd best.

I sent Brett an email, but have yet to hear back from him.   The seat springs are cheap.   But either way, you pretty much have to have them unless you want to sit on the floor. ;D  I did not bring them up to you previously because my distributor had quit selling them.  I found another company that does though and they agreed to sell to me as of yesterday so I ordered a bunch.   Yours are broken in a few places... it's that piano spring wire stuff under the bottom front cushions.    I may hit the frames to pretty them up a little.

Michael Russell

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »
HOLY COW is that interior coming along well DR. Pontiac 80! What a transformation and great work effort.  Keep up the good work.  I am watching this thread closely. 

Are you planning to do anything with the steering wheel to spruce it up?  It looks just amazing now and I am sure you can do something with that. 

Great Work! 

Ha...  I with I had a formula wheel laying around and I'd swap it out for Kevin.   Put that base wheel out of it's misery ;D

Michael Russell

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 02:51:03 PM »
HOLY COW is that interior coming along well DR. Pontiac 80! What a transformation and great work effort.  Keep up the good work.  I am watching this thread closely. 

Are you planning to do anything with the steering wheel to spruce it up?  It looks just amazing now and I am sure you can do something with that. 

Great Work! 

Ha...  I with I had a formula wheel laying around and I'd swap it out for Kevin.   Put that base wheel out of it's misery ;D

Yeah tell me about it. I want to get one, but at $200 ish dollars I can't do that right now.