Author Topic: Reproduction seat foam or buns  (Read 7316 times)

Offline Eagle 1

Reproduction seat foam or buns
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 11:06:32 PM »
How about the cloth seat covers?   Does anybody sell those yet?
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 11:11:18 PM »
They used to sell them, but the company that made the material from them went out of business so they currently do not have them.  They only had them available for a period of about 5 to 6 months and that was it.  They are looking for sdomeone to make the material for them again, but the last time took them well over a year to get it right.  So we will see how long it takes them this time.

Also, if you guys don't get a response from me to a post and you need my advice, shoot me a PM with a link to the thread that you need me to check out.  Sometimes, I miss a post and don't see it.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Eagle 1

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 11:24:18 PM »
As soon as the cloth ones come out, let me know.  I want to get some in black before they stop making them again. :D
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline 78ta

• The 8 track and gauge/stereo console adapter guy.
seat buns
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 11:26:36 PM »
Hi Brett,
First, Thank you so much for replying and for all your hard work keeping this forum going. I know you've heard it before but it's an awesome source of info.
Now, It appears that we here all agree that the standard and deluxe seat cover AND seat buns are different.
The issue that I'm trying to get to the bottom of is that Classic Industries says that the seat buns they carry for 70-81 Firebirds with standard interior (part # SF224) will ONLY fit Firebirds and Esprits. They claim that those buns will NOT fit Trans Ams.
Aren't the seat buns exactly the same buns for 78 standard interior Firebird, Esprits AND Trans Ams?
Randy

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 11:37:49 PM »
Yes, I did state that the Firebird, Esprit, Formula, AND Trans Am standard seat foam is all the same.  And yes, they are exactly the same for each side, there is no left or right.  The frames are different, but the foam and covers are exactly the same.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline 78ta

• The 8 track and gauge/stereo console adapter guy.
seat buns
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 11:51:55 PM »
Brett,
Thank you for replying AGAIN and so quickly. After reading your post a couple more times, I saw that you were saying that they were all the same.
Now I need to order some for my driver's seat though I'm so frustrated with Classic over this, I don't know if I want to order from them or not. They were adamant that the ones (# SF224) they have listed for 70-81 Firebirds will NOT fit 78 Trans Ams.
Can you recommend a vendor to get the foams from?
Randy