Author Topic: WINDOW AND LOCK HARNESSES/SHAKER CLEARANCE  (Read 2539 times)

Offline scoutleslie

WINDOW AND LOCK HARNESSES/SHAKER CLEARANCE
« on: June 05, 2007, 09:01:20 PM »
This is a stupid question but how come lectric life states that you need two connectors (for each door) for power windows? didn't all 78 TA's have a console mounted window switch???  I need to somewhere get the piece (connector) that attaches to the five prongs on each of the door lock switches as well as the window switch and I need it fast!!  Any suggestions or does anyone have these parts and are willing to sell them???  Also, I E-mailed Edelbrock and the guy told me what carb and intake to get for my ta that will work with the shaker clearance issue I believe it is 1806 but anyway got that and the corresponding intake along with the 3/4 inch spacer he said was needed it is all mounted but now I cannot get the factory air cleaner on without blocking the choke do I need A different air cleaner assembly--if so what my parts store guy can not figure it out and I thought maybe one of you guys had dealt with this issue before. Thanks

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Re: WINDOW AND LOCK HARNESSES/SHAKER CLEARANCE
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 09:43:52 PM »
I suppose the two connectors.....which is really one connector with two wires is because you need one for up and one for down.  That harness that connects to the swtich can be found on ebay.  Or, you could make the connectors and harness yourself.  Find a size of female snap connector that will fit over the male end on the switch connectors.  The switch is in the console...there is no other window switch...there can be power lock switches on the door panel though.

I have no idea on the shaker.....I kept my car completely stock.

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:36:30 PM »
What engine are you running?? Which intake and carb did you get?? Why did they recommend a carb spacer??
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline scoutleslie

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:26 PM »
carb--1806 intake--2156 spacer (3/4 inch)--8092 and it is the pontiac 400-----because Ray Garcia the tech rep from edelbrock said that was what I needed for shaker clearance etc. then I found out I needed that adapter plate and my body guy said that the factory air cleaner will not fit as it sits on the choke and the parts store said that edelbrock doesn't make an air cleaner assembly for my application??

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 11:57:41 PM »
I think your shaker base would fit if you were running a Q-jet style carb. The Thunder series looks like it is too wide to clear the shaker base.

Check out WFO Performance, they carry Shaker bases for all types of intake/carb combinations. Here is a thread from TAC that goes over it.

http://transamcountry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3571&highlight=wfo

http://transamcountry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3161&highlight=wfo

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:00:02 AM by milly »
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline bad76

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »
Do you drive the car in the winter? Just remove the choke.