Author Topic: We all love pics and I'm new here....  (Read 7320 times)

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
Re: We all love pics and I'm new here....
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »
very ncie welcome to the site.  i would love to have t tops as well but you can think of it as getting more structual support with the hard top.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline iceman

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 02:16:19 PM »
Thanx for all the kind words. I was on the fence with the paint, yet it is really expensive and I know I would prolly not go with this color, yet it is unusual and nobody takes a car with this color serious. Perfect for me.  T's or not, once the roll cage is welded in, structural integrity is at it's peak and these cars are sweet with t's and a cage. Just a pain with the door bars gettin in and out, yet I'm glad it has tilt. Rainman, I absolutely love the color of your car and may keep an eye out for one-I do have a soft spot for a 'driver and that color just does something for me. I do like the 17" snowflakes, yet I understand Year One is the only company who carries them and I had a VERY dissapointing experience with them when I went there for the first time and it's too bad for them, yet they will NEVER get a dime from me and that's OK. I do have a set of Weld Pro-Stars, 15X3.5" for the front and 15X10 with a 5.5" backspacing for the rear. I understand that a 28x12.5"x15 fits, no problem with the TA's better wheel well's compared to it's mutant brother, the Camaro..I may move the inner wheel wells in an inch or two and move the springs in a tad, yet the entire rear seat must go back in the car and my objective is that this car MUST pull the front tires on the launch on the street. The track should be no problem yet the street.. Already picked up some CE frame connectors, Hedman round port ceramic headers and a 3.5" exhaust the exit befor the rear, and the front and mid motor plates. It's kinda stalled right now, yet I'd like to have it on the road in '11. Got to get full quarters on my convertable and finish that one as I just tore it down and discovered that an average body shop shouldn't do work on a specialty car. hoping to be a somwhat quick job, yet the paint hid alot of sin. What do ya do? MIke
Check out my facebook page: River City Muscle LLC
1969 Pontiac GTO
1971 Pontiac LeMans Sport Convertible
1977 Pontiac Trans Am

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 10:04:25 PM »
MIKE.>........ I USED TO OWN THIS CAR A FEW YEARS AGO!!!!!
I bought it from a guy and it had a rod knock, then i sold it to a guy in sparta who then sold it to some dealer guy in hudsonville. I wondered where this car ended up at..

SMALL WORLD!!!!
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 10:07:32 PM »
haha holy crap. thats crazy
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 10:12:21 PM »
your telling me. its funny to see it with the same rims.

and to fill the deal in more. yes this car did belong to a drug dealer once. I bought it from him as his family was trying to put up bail money for him I bought it for 1500 and sold it for 1500 then it appeared at a small short lived dealership in hudsonville for like 5000. i was kind of p'o'd when i seen that but yes i am in the same boat your are when i had it....didnt like the paint yet it was too nice to just scuff up and repaint it. but the wheels had to go i just didnt own it long enough to put ralley's on it. i had to scroung up money to buy a 71 ta at that time.

I am still in awe that it surfaced again and on here for that matter.

so in short HOLY CRAP AGAIN and well welcome we'll have to get together some time. im in hudsonville right at the jenison/jamestown/wyoming/grandville borderline

(5 minutes from rivertown mall)

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »
also curious to see if you know any of these people who i know since you do own a bird
John Stevens, (byron center)
Eric Whitney (caledonia)
Rex Ebenstein (wyoming)
Terry Flores (wayland)
Tom Marcovits (something like that) (dorr)
Scott Thorton (jenison)
Rick Stevens (hudsonville) <-----me

mike, what is your last name BTW?

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 10:55:42 PM »
Small world for sure
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
That is a crazy story Rick.  I wonder if this has ever happened before on this site?

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »
dont know but if not it has now. lol I have owned enough 77/78's for that to happen too.

Offline Frode_skj

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »
Nice car :) planning on a hood bird on it?
"79 Trans Am tenth Anniversary Edition"
"81 Turbo Trans Am"
Sad to see that people part out T\A's :( especially saveable ones

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 09:58:31 PM »
Great, a crack head is gonna come looking for that car.  No telling what you'll find on disassembly ... ;)
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline Gunner

• Adv. Member
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 02:52:39 AM »
I like how the color looks purple, but blue at the edges.

Not wild about the purple, but I like the way it seems to change color.

Gunner
Better Living Through Superior Firepower

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 07:32:28 AM »
it can also appear to be green too.

jphillips, you may be right for some reason i think it was cleaned out very well before it was put up for sale originally

Offline iceman

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »
OK, everybody, calm down...The wheels are gone! That was the first thing to go! I did pick the car up from the "guy with the little wanna be car lot", yet I looked at it at his house in Byron Center. Actually, my dad found it and called me looking for a motor. We got talking and I said how nice it would make a street brawler to replace/retire my GTO. Went to take a look and we took it on the spot for $2500. I saw it as a car I didn't have to do any interior or body work. It was a bargain at what I paid, yet I would have rather have bought it from you, Rick. Nice to meet you, by the way. I couldn't say no as it was sooo close to home. There have been no surprises so far of any 'discoveries'. The entire interior is out-tar paper, the factory insulation/sound deadener(the factory option stuff), winshied, rear window and the front clip is off and in the house. I've done some small floor patches in the trunk and some in the floor pans yet, like I stated, I'm in the process of putting in a roll cage and lotsa safety features for the track. Part of me feels bad going the path I'm going with such a low milage car, yet it's a fun project. I finally get to do to a car what I always wanted and this one is by no means a high profile collector car. Cool? You bet. Fast with class. If your a factory purist, you may not like the direction this build is gonna go. No problem. I do respect what a full, factory restoration is and what it means in the end and especially along the way. I've done many before and also in the midst of one as I write and it's a Pontiac, not a firebird. It's also a curse building a car with such nice paint. Talk about being careful! It's gonna be a pain taking the door braces out and keeping the paint nice. I'd like to put an SE decal kit on it yet I'm not sure about the hood. It may need a cowl to clear the motor.   Mike
1969 Pontiac GTO
1977 Pontiac Trans Am

Offline iceman

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 10:55:22 AM »
Shortly after I picked this car up, Popular Hot Rodding did a feature on a  '70 TA tribute car owned by Brett Evans in the November '08 issue and this car will be very close to what he built, yet mine will be much lighter and not as near or not concerned at all about the corners. There will be alot of pieces this car came with that aren't going back on, that's for sure..Rick, I don't recognize any names you listed, yet I'm mostly known with my GTO and I have been outta the show, cruise in scene other than the hot dog joint in Grandville. I good friend of mine lives practically at the corner of 8th Av and Chicago drive, on 8th. He has a stable full of Mustangs. A Boss 302 is one of them. Now, the guy I bought my GTO from in Warren Michigan(D-troit) said that the former owner was in prison and his wife sold the car on him and he threatened him that he WILL have the car back when he gets out. I've heard it all at one point. Small world indeed. My last name is Tomczak. I had a cousine that played pro football back in the 80's and early 90's for some big teams. I'm in the book and live on Wing, if that helps. Are you the one who has or did have a '71 tribute car on CL for sale? A friend of mine and I were chewing on that as a car to do and turn, yet I do all the work and we split the $$...I need to do it differently. So many cars, so little time...Mike
1969 Pontiac GTO
1977 Pontiac Trans Am