Author Topic: Help! Teen Boys  (Read 4214 times)

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
Help! Teen Boys
« on: December 03, 2006, 12:06:05 PM »
Okay, I need the help of any of the people on here who have teen boys or are close to that age group. What are you getting for your teen boy or what does he want for Christmas? My in-laws are kinda stumped on what to get their 15 year old and 12 year old boys. Thanks for the help!
The small things aren't worth getting
angry about, my daughter taught me that.
R.I.P. Sierra Louise May 1, 2005 - July 21, 2005

Offline kyledyr

• 1981 Trans Am - HydroCarbon powered Eco-Vehicle
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:18:34 PM »
if you can afford it, the Nintendo Wii is fantastic. i'm not a real big video game  guy, i've had a few, but one of my friends bought it and it's an incredible piece of technology. in case you don't know about it, it's the new system where the controller is an infrared remote. for example, if you're playing tennis, you swing the remote and the character on screen swings their racket.
the Wii is nice also because Nintendo is a more younger audience oriented system.

it's relatively affordable compared to Playstation 3 (i think PS3 is still in the $600 range?)

paintball is fun, too. maybe a marker set. good books (especially car books! something from border's about engine fundamentals or restoring a car?). my brother gave me his internal combustion engines book from his college class and it is difficult but I've learned so many things from it. movies, cd's.....ipod?

last christmas i got a craftsman tool set (get the ones with the container.... like 155 pieces for around $120 believe...) that was a Godsend.

i'm not a great example because all I asked for was a Summit Racing gift card....  :D
"If you want me to be eco-friendly, make eco-friendly not suck."
'81 305 Trans Am WS6

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:24:12 PM »
Kyle, both boys are into gaming and the older one has a PS2 but his parents want them to find a different hobby. I actually got a chance to talk with him last night and he wants to get into something else too. He really wants an older truck to fix up. Beefy engine, new paint, lift and bigger tires, you know that sort of thing. Johnathan (my husband) was into the big trucks too, still is. I just wish John had more time to spend with Mark (15 year old) so he could teach him all this stuff. Mark is taking a small engines class at the high school so I'm sure he understands the basics of an engine.

I also talked with the in-laws last night and gave them a few ideas so hopefully they should be able to pick something.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 12:58:10 PM »
I got my son a Rock.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:02:42 PM »
^hahahahaha

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 10:26:12 PM »
Don't knock rocks.  There were a couple of guys locally in Los Gatos that sold Pet Rocks one Christmas.  They made a bundle of money.  I think it was the early 70's.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 09:23:43 PM »
how about a trans am????
or you can always shoot for a ps3 !!!! either way your looking at a few grand,  but bretts idea of a rock sounds pretty solid....ha
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 08:09:54 PM »
Quote from: "ta78w72"
Don't knock rocks.  There were a couple of guys locally in Los Gatos that sold Pet Rocks one Christmas.  They made a bundle of money.  I think it was the early 70's.

I remember the rocks. Those things were in every C-Store in the United States and those guys did make money. Millions! Crazy!!!

Scotti, get him a Cen Racing Genesis Nitro Truck. High bucks but what a blast! My friend Jeff has one and that thing is amazing. I'm thinking about selling my new GM Honeycomb center caps and buying one myself. LOL
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 01:17:50 PM »
Well, I asked the in-laws if they had gotten the boys anything yet. She said they got the 15 year old a shotgun and the 12 year old a .22 rifle. UGH! They're insane in my opinion. Oh well, I just hope the boys enjoy shooting stuff. :?

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »
I always enjoy shooting stuff, but my guns are a little bit bigger......  :D
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Help! Teen Boys
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »
Get them a subscription to High Performance Pontiac.  That ought to get them started on the right foot.  

As for the .22 and a shotgun....my first choice would have been a 50 caliber sniper rifle.  Or maybe a Thompson submachine gun.

When I was in high school, me and a couple of friends went into the mountains around our homes to shoot stuff.  My friend had a holstered  .22 pistol discharge into his leg.  He was using .22 hollowpoints.  He walked around on crutches for a few weeks...but there was no lasting damage.  The slug went in at the top of the calf and exited about six inches down.  We looked, but never could find the slug.  It's funny now....it wasn't at the time.