Author Topic: 76 Pro Street T/A XtrmeTA  (Read 49880 times)

Offline blue81ta

Re: 76 Pro Street T/A XtrmeTA
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2009, 07:12:37 PM »
Do you ever really quit fixing your car.....lol?  It looks super sweet but a disclaimer requiring sunglasses should be made for viewing the pictures.  She is bright with all that chrome.   ;D  Let us know if it is easier to steering with the new gearbox?  Keep on posting those pictures of progress and keep up the great work.

Hammer, I've had the pleasure of seeing this sweet ride in person and let me tell you..... The color on the car really POPS in the sunlight, so sunglasses are a MUST.... not mention all the chrome. :o :) 8) The craftsmanship done by Mr. extrme_ta is phenomenal. 8)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys. Hammer I have a very long list of stuff I want to do. New wheels and tires, air ride, finish the interior. Which is still in the shop. Hopefully I will be picking it up this friday.
Oh and there is no chrome on the car. I hate chrome. It's all polished alumium. Yea OK it's pretty close to the same.
Car started out as a drag car running 12 pounds of boost which put's it over 1000HP. After driving it a few times on the highway it was hard to handle at that so I swapped out the pulleys and now run it at 6 punds. Much better for street driving.
Anyone that knows me can tell you I love talking about cars and I love sharing what I did to my car.
76 Pro Street T/A, 8-71 Supercharged 454 Big Block Chevy, TH400 full manual. S&W Race Cars Super car rear, 4 link setup with coil overs and 4:56 gears.

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »
Looks very nice

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2009, 11:16:23 PM »
Tracy, next time you get bored let me know.  I'm going to let you spend your time and money on my car and see what we come up with ;D
Rich

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2009, 09:06:12 AM »
Where are the videos at? I didnt see them on the other pages.Man that thing is sooooo sweet. Amazing.

Hey I have a "friend" with a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo VIII who says there no street legal muscle car out there that he cant beat on the track. He only has had port and polish ,cams,different head,  and he upgraded his turbo to a borgwarner and is running 33lbs and has about 600hp to it at the wheels. It's of course all wheel drive. He thinks muscle cars are all slow and heavy. It would just be funny to see you blow his doors off at the track. Just woud be cool. Hes one of those know it alls
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2009, 05:27:56 PM »
Where are the videos at? I didnt see them on the other pages.Man that thing is sooooo sweet. Amazing.

Hey I have a "friend" with a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo VIII who says there no street legal muscle car out there that he cant beat on the track. He only has had port and polish ,cams,different head,  and he upgraded his turbo to a borgwarner and is running 33lbs and has about 600hp to it at the wheels. It's of course all wheel drive. He thinks muscle cars are all slow and heavy. It would just be funny to see you blow his doors off at the track. Just woud be cool. Hes one of those know it alls

There are allot of guys out there like that that think they have the fastest car in the world. Then somebody blows there doors off and they have every excuse in the world. 600HP awd cars are impressive. My car is street legal as far as me having a friend who passes the inspection for me. So yes it is technically street legal.
Tell your friend running his car at 33 pounds of boost it will not be running for long.
76 Pro Street T/A, 8-71 Supercharged 454 Big Block Chevy, TH400 full manual. S&W Race Cars Super car rear, 4 link setup with coil overs and 4:56 gears.

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2009, 05:46:26 PM »
Heres a link to some video's. These are older ones. The joyride one has the old exhaust. the new exhaust one sounds bad because it was in the garage.
I have to make a few new ones.
The transformation one youtube deleted the audio track. I have one on a different server with sound.

http://www.zshare.net/video/59388838962b7922/

http://www.youtube.com/user/monz78

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:02:27 PM by xtrmeta »

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2009, 11:56:12 PM »
very sweet ride. where did you get the tilt front end.  i want a 79 front end and fiberglass doors to.  I want to lambo the doors and have the front end tilt. and all the wheel flers & spoilers will be glassed onto the car.  here is a pic of my car i pro-steeted 6 years ago.
its not as nice as yours or detailed, but i like it.
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2009, 09:01:17 AM »

There are allot of guys out there like that that think they have the fastest car in the world. Then somebody blows there doors off and they have every excuse in the world. 600HP awd cars are impressive. My car is street legal as far as me having a friend who passes the inspection for me. So yes it is technically street legal.
Tell your friend running his car at 33 pounds of boost it will not be running for long.

Oh I do tell him but he says its built in Japan so it will all be fine. Hes not getting any work done with his tranny or anything. its all engine work. But hes not even changing out his piston rings or doing anything to make sure the car will last more then one run. It should be completely done here in a few weeks. Hes clueless sometimes.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »
very sweet ride. where did you get the tilt front end.  i want a 79 front end and fiberglass doors to.  I want to lambo the doors and have the front end tilt. and all the wheel flers & spoilers will be glassed onto the car.  here is a pic of my car i pro-steeted 6 years ago.
its not as nice as yours or detailed, but i like it.

US Body Source has the nose. They have the 78 style too. As far as the fiberglass doors you can't use the regular windows with them. They have to be lexan. And this is just my opinion but lambo doors shouldn't be on a T/A. Thats a ricer thing. Please don't ruin such a nice car.
As far as the fiberglass wheel spoilers the best deal I found on those was on E-Bay.

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2009, 04:43:14 PM »

Oh I do tell him but he says its built in Japan so it will all be fine. Hes not getting any work done with his tranny or anything. its all engine work. But hes not even changing out his piston rings or doing anything to make sure the car will last more then one run. It should be completely done here in a few weeks. Hes clueless sometimes.

I highly dought the motor is pushing 600HP. If it gets even close the trans and axle will be toasted. But he will have to learn the hard way. Some people just don't listen and have to learn the hard way.

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »
yeah. Your right. He is that guy that everyone learns from. He makes all the mistakes. hes talking about running Meth
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2009, 10:19:59 PM »
hes talking about running Meth

Maybe he's smoking it, too  :D :D
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:31 PM »
^^^^Wouldn't put it past him.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline xtrmeta

« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2009, 10:33:48 PM »
hes talking about running Meth

Let me know how that works out.