Author Topic: 1979 TA Restoration project  (Read 12690 times)

Offline smelly$cat

Re: 1979 TA Restoration project
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 09:36:42 PM »
Got the carpet pulled out today. Floor looks pretty good overall. Passenger foot well has quite a bit of rust. Found one hole about the size of a pencil. Everything around it seems very solid. I can hammer on it with my fist and it doesn't crumble or anything. I think I'm going to try to sand/grind it clean and see how bad it really is. Any advice?

Driver side has some rust but not as bad. I think it can be cleaned up pretty easily.

Rear seat floors look fine.

Felt good to get that nasty carpet out of there...  :D

Offline smelly$cat

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 04:09:19 PM »
Pulled the back seat back out. Nothing too exciting to see here.... didn't find a build sheet  :(

Looking at that passenger front foot well more, I think it's going to need to be replaced. It's pretty "crumbley". I've found some panels on line. Don't seem too $$.

Just need to find someone that can weld it in for me as I don't have any skills in that area...

Offline smelly$cat

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 04:15:28 PM »
Removed the door sill wire covers today and the floor mounted rear seat belts. Might not sound like a big deal but those seat belt bolts are a pain to get out! I got creative and got the job done though. Nothing too exciting to see. Next up I'm going to start grinding and scraping the floor clean.

Offline smelly$cat

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 04:22:03 PM »
And this is my dog Oscar. He's 6yrs old. Boxer. He was curious and hung out with me today.  :)