Author Topic: will the edelbrock performer intake make my shaker hood not fit correctly?  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Cowboyup1978

i am looking into getting a different intake for my pontiac 400. i am stuck  between keeping the original intake and making brackets to cover all the emissions crap, or just buying an edelbrock performer but i am worried the intake will make the shaker hood fit wrong. any help would be great thanks!

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
The Performer is identical to the stock manifold except for weight..you should be fine
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Cowboyup1978

how is the edelbrock compared to other intakes? i have heard mixed opinions on edelbrock and tomahawk. i appreciate the feedback!

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
physical size of the performer is same as factory & shaker should line up fine... but performance wise it is different, has smaller runners & does not flow as well as a factory cast iron intake.  main advantage is weight.  you can gasket match the factory intake or even send it off fo CNC porting & it will outperform a performer & be just as good if not better than an RPM.

the holley street dominator is a single plane intake & will perform better than the performer, shaker should fit ok as well.  the tomahawk is a china copy of the street dominator, actually was cast from a ported street dominator, they are a good intake for the price but should be used on cars with performance upgrades, a single plane will hurt low end throttle responce compared to a dual plane. 
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's