Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398283 times)

Offline Flounder55

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #450 on: October 01, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
While I can't speak for TA widow I get a sense that nothing short of full restitution or jail time or both will make her happy.

I've offered to settle for less then half of what I feel Bob owes me but that does not seem to be going anywhere.

I hope the guys that have builds with Bob continue to post pics here as I'm sure alot of you would love to critique his work.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #451 on: October 01, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
I would not settle for anything less than full restitution.  He never lifted a finger to do anything on the build - he never had the time or opportunity to do anything on it.  My husband died 3 days after paying in full and by then Bob had gone missing for a couple of months.  100% of the money should have been sitting in his account and should have been handed over as soon as it was asked for.   The only thing he's done in regards to my family is lie about us and steal from us.  I don't see how that would cause me to want to reduce how much he owes me (I sure don't think that's what anyone is suggesting).  Originally I had wanted the car still, but the 51 days of utter silence followed by lie after lie on his end changed my mind.  I have always been willing to work out a payment plan, but the man just screams at me and lies to me or about me in his bulk e-mails.  He's 21 days past the new contract date and 27 days past his "well-known" 90 day fabricated policy on full refunds.

I think he deserves jail time not for just refusing to pay me back, but for swindling the nearly 3 dozen other people he currently admits to having as clients.  2 seem happy with his "service" which I think is being forced upon Bob by the Attorney General's office.  Bob is trying - he's trying to stay out of jail.  That's it.  He does not care about his "customers" or he wouldn't have left for months at a time, lied, or stolen our money.  Flounder is settling I think because he realizes that he can't get blood from a stone (he gets a nice little threat against his family for forcing even a settlement).  And I'm seeking full restitution.  That leaves 31 other victims doing God knows what while Bob spends their money however he wants.  That's over half a million dollars!!!  Rotting in jail looks like a pretty fair sentence for doing what he's done to this many families. 

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #452 on: October 01, 2012, 12:23:54 PM »
And I don't blame you one bit. You're entitled to a full refund.

And I don't like the idea that Bob's fleecing other "customers" in order to move on with current builds. It does NOT sit well with me. Period. Trust me, I have problems sleeping at night and I'm not even personally involved with a business transaction with this yahoo.

Do I have another answer for the customers that got snowed into their current situation and are currently working with Bob to get their cars at any cost? Nope.

My hope is that by continuing to critique these cars that are currently being built, that Bob's put through enough hoops that he decides to close his doors and focus on something other than cars. As I said earlier, there are many challenging careers in the food service industry!!

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #453 on: October 01, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
BTW: Those of you with cars currently in the shop with Bob...would someone kindly mention to him that he can give you larger & high quality photos? Seriously, postage stamp stuff won't cut it for us looking over your cars. The larger & more detailed, the better.

He has $$ sitting around that he's told Flounder about - around $4k or so. Only takes a couple hundred to go over to Target and get a decent Canon camera and memory card. I know, that's where I bought mine!

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #454 on: October 01, 2012, 01:10:23 PM »
BTW: Those of you with cars currently in the shop with Bob...would someone kindly mention to him that he can give you larger & high quality photos? Seriously, postage stamp stuff won't cut it for us looking over your cars. The larger & more detailed, the better.

I would have to bet thet they are deliberately poor quality small images....
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #455 on: October 01, 2012, 01:24:14 PM »
Yeah that's my bet too. Big enough to show just an inkling of work being performed but yet small enough so that even if they're blown up you can't see the details due to pixellation.

He can post large photos on ebay but yet can't seem to do the same for his actual customers. Dare I say it...almost like he's specifically hiding his work??

Offline tawidow

« Reply #456 on: October 01, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
Wow, someone is forcing Bob to do something.  It's even in complete sentences this time.  I just got this e-mail:
Dear Carol,

I just got your voicemail.  Your demeanor was very encouraging.  I will type up the very realistic term of a very prompt refund for you.  I always wanted to work this out, and from your voicemail I will submit this to you Wednesday and get the ball rolling.  This is for you to preview before the attorney or mediator.  As you know, I can’t have phone contact with you, but I can listen to your voicemails.  Now we will get this worked out.

Thanks

Bob

What's with the "as you know" crap though?  How would I know?  The invisible mediator has never contacted me and Bob certainly hasn't been honest with me or about me ever.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #457 on: October 01, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
Well I'm sure you don't need to be told this but i wouldn't trust anything he says unless hes providing a confirmation number for a wire transfer.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #458 on: October 01, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »
That's awesome TAwidow. I hope Bob is giving you your refund. I'm going to stay hopefull as I would love to hear a happy ending to this. Sorry to hear Flounder55 that you settled for less. Sometimes cutting your losses is the best thing to do. I wish I was in a spot to help you out but I am over my head with 3 cars. And before someone asks they are my own cars lol. I don't run a business.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #459 on: October 01, 2012, 09:44:25 PM »
Carol,

I hope this time he means what he says. I've had a "few" of those false starts with Bob.

Jupiter, I already have someone working on the car but thanks for the offer. The reason I'm asking for less than than what I think I'm owed is because 1) what I think is subjective. 2) I'm not going to hagel over every little thing. 3) I'm ready to move on and feel like Bob will get his down the road. Karma baby! 4) If I get new 17 inch  gold Year One snowflakes, a 79 gold hood bird and 3K in cash I will be happy!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #460 on: October 01, 2012, 11:56:15 PM »
Winstoncup2watch...........is back!

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #461 on: October 02, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »
I'm crossing my fingers for you TAwidow, but for some reason I'm suspicious ?
 As I mentioned before I'm out almost  two hundred thousand dollars  and just when I think my sister (the executor ) has come to her senses she has yet another lame excuse why I can't get what was supposed to be coming to me in the will .
She really reminds me of Bob for some strange reason  ::)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:27:03 AM by RainMan »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #462 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:21 AM »
Ok guys,

I put my ad back up. So come on guys/ladies....ask me some questions , I promise to post them all !

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #463 on: October 02, 2012, 11:12:13 AM »
Ok guys,

I put my ad back up. So come on guys/ladies....ask me some questions , I promise to post them all !
Link?

Offline bluebyu64gp

« Reply #464 on: October 02, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
Ok guys,

It would be a lot easier if you posted the link to your ad.
David
76 T/A
USAF Retired