Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 398089 times)

Offline solargold

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #870 on: November 29, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Well I see after peruseing the BAB facebook page I see that yet another Bob the Bandit victim has surfaced!
 He waited 2 years before even asking for a refund.  Wonder when this nightmare is going to end?
Since he sold that 73 for $23,000 he should have money to reimburse some here. Would like to hear that buyer comment on his experience. Can he be traced on ebay to ask?
L8R G8R

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #871 on: November 29, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
Solar, I doubt that he sold that car. If he did, he has bigger troubles on his hands! The VIN that he displayed to that 73 actually belongs to a car he sold 6 months ago to a guy in Dallas Texas. I've been in touch with that guy and he varified that the VIN Bob posted on Ebay was the VIN to the POS 73 that Bob sold him. He told me it was a rust bucket and that BOB asked him for more money to fix it up!
 The buyer declined because he had his own restorer. He stated to me the only reason he bought it was because it was originally brewster green which was a pretty rare car. Now he is wondering if BoB swapped VINs on his car. The authorties have been notified!

Offline solargold

« Reply #872 on: November 29, 2012, 01:26:18 PM »
VIN tampering will get him behind bars quicker than his current business model
L8R G8R

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #873 on: November 29, 2012, 01:46:30 PM »
One can only hope!

Offline tawidow

« Reply #874 on: November 29, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »
I sure hope he swapped the VIN's on cars.  Nothing else seems to get anyone's attention to do anything this decade.  The ad did get in for one day, then the advertising manager yanked it.  She's acting as if I snuck the ad past her by going first to her and then to the classified to get it in.  The only reason I went to the classifieds was that she transferred me to that department and told me to try them - long story.  I've been trying to get around her since I found out why it got yanked.  A person that lives in the area saw the ad and said that it was very easy to spot and easy to understand.  I hope Bob noticed.  I let his corrupt wife and stepson know about it too since the stepson had an honorable mention.  The wife and mother should be so proud of her family.

Absolutely nothing is going on this end.  I call Bob every day and leave a message asking the thief to call me.  He has returned my call once in nearly 180 days.  That was back around August 1st.  That's it.  So much for his 90 day refund policy.  I saw the guy on the website that's been waiting 3 years now for the refund.  Makes you wonder WTF the government is doing to let him go on this long.   I'm not holding my breath for anything to happen soon.

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #875 on: November 29, 2012, 04:14:50 PM »
TaWidow - put the ad in his local Craigslist. It's free and should get the same amount of attention these days. Could do surrounding areas as well to get the word out.

Again, sorry that this is dragging out.

I'm not too surprised you're seeing more and more people come out of the woodwork saying they've been duped by Bob. I am surprised that the person has been waiting 3+ years for a refund. That's totally unacceptable.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline midyear

• All Musclecars
« Reply #876 on: November 29, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
.  Makes you wonder WTF the government is doing to let him go on this long.   I'm not holding my breath for anything to happen soon.

they are only concerned about whether or not he pays his taxes on all the sales....short them a dime and they are on you like ....
76 LE, 77 & 78 4 speed SE's
77 Macho # 5, 78 Macho # 174 (sold)
79 Turbo Macho # 22
78 W72 Y88, 79 W66 W50 W72

Offline tawidow

« Reply #877 on: November 30, 2012, 09:13:12 AM »
Bob picked up the phone twice today!  Of course he hung up both times as soon as I said who I was.   

My ad is now on Craigslist.  I got an e-mail on it already.  Some guy says:
GO to the POLICE,,, he is considered a contractor,, in business NEW laws passed in 2012,,, if they take payment and dont finish job ,or dont do job Right,, it can be prosecuted as THEFT.. which means if they dont refund money,,,,,, they Serve JAIL TIME...Go talk with police, they will contact them , they will inform you to sent letter, demanding refund.. send certified aswell after they sign for letter THEY have 10 days to refund after that can be arrested for theft...

The police and NC AG's office haven't seemed to hear of this law.  Does anyone know if it exists?  I've googled it and come up empty.  If it doesn't apply to refunds and only applies to people still owed cars I hope that some of you can follow up on it.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #878 on: December 02, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »
I see another victim has surfaced on the BAB/facebook site but I think he is in denial as he feels Joe was the most credible poster on that site. I'm sure his attitude will change with time........I know mine did.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #879 on: December 03, 2012, 02:36:07 PM »
I just added a new complaint with FTC.  Does anyone know how they tie in with the other agencies.  This loser is being investigated by the NC AG, police, FBI, IRS, DMV.  Buyer beware should only go so far.  He is so good at hiding the truth from potential victims.  They don't know what hit them until months or a year down the road.

180 days today - still no word.  Last he talked at me he said he was looking over my contract.  That was in September.  He reads pretty slowly.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #880 on: December 03, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »

180 days today - still no word.  Last he talked at me he said he was looking over my contract.  That was in September.  He reads pretty slowly.
Maybe the stress is getting to him and he can't read good?

Offline solargold

« Reply #881 on: December 03, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »

Maybe the stress is getting to him and he can't read good?

Obviously he is blind as he did not see all that rust he missed on Flounder's car and stated how nice the paint was. Try sending him the letter in brail.
L8R G8R

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #882 on: December 03, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »
Looking back I can see why it was good TAwidow cashed that $2k check. Better than nothing

Offline tawidow

« Reply #883 on: December 03, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »
My thinking was that I was probably never going to see anything more.  The company is probably going to go bankrupt or he'll continue to just rob everyone and get away scott free like he's been doing for years.  I don't like being right in this case.

A couple of people think that I want him forced into bankruptcy.  That's so far from the truth.  I want him and his family in jail.  Bankruptcy will do nothing but clean his slate.  He's changed his name 10 times now that I know of.  He has no problem doing it again or using anyone in his family as an accomplice or scapegoat.  He's even naming current victims as references and mediators.  I'm wondering how old his daughter has to get before he starts getting her to sign things.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #884 on: December 04, 2012, 11:50:01 AM »
The more I think about it - I'm guessing that the $2000 was relly just a gift from Bob.  After all, he accused me of coercing his little bitty stepson into the contract.  He claims it wasn't enforceable.  Why would he give a partial refund on a contract that he claims never existed?  I really should be looking for updates on my showroom quality car.  It should be ready in 4-6 months according to the only contract Bob now says exists between us.  I e-mailed and asked for the VIN and title.  I wonder if I'll get the same VIN as the last auction winner.  3rd time's the charm for Bob.