Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397522 times)

Offline tawidow

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1395 on: June 07, 2013, 03:22:35 PM »
Sorry, I was a little quick with the information.  It's $96 plus $30 per defendant.  So that's $156 for both Erica and Bob.   Both George and I were told that you only need one check, not 2 like it has listed on their website.

Also, if you are out of state you need to send a certified check (ie a bank check). I was told that the checks need to be made out to "Clerk of Superior Court"  Southerners talk funny - it sounded like she said clark. You might want to double check that - George was told to make the check out to someone else.  You also need to send a self addressed stamped envelope.
The mailing address is:
Buncombe County Clerk of Courts
Clerk of Superior Court
Buncombe County Courthouse
60 Court Plaza
Ashville, NC  28801-3519

Oh - you will be in court within 30 calendar days of the court filing the paperwork - NOT when the thieves are served.  Make sure your calendars are ready to be cleared.  I may be asking some victims for notarized letters.  I think that a lot of us have information that would help each other.  Joe Godar was shown checks written out and never sent to me and Bob named him as our mediator.  He also had discussions with the crooks about how Bob "bent over backwards for me."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:27:54 PM by tawidow »

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1396 on: June 07, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »
After many years of watching Judge Judy you gotta be careful with Notorized documents, some judges won't accept them.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1397 on: June 07, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
So only present witnesses are allowed?  Too bad he ripped people off around the world.  I feel fortunate to live only 250 miles away.  I can be there in a morning's drive.  If there is ANY paperwork people need someone to do while I'm there, let me know.  I have great friends to watch the kids and animals for as long as necessary.  I'd be happy to file anything or get photos if there are any gutted ruins left rotting somewhere.

I need to get one of Godar's t-shirts for court.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1398 on: June 08, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »
Hello All,

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this but since BAB is mentioned I'll go here. Bill Webb has been in contact with me off and on since my build with BAB constantly promoting his builds. He made remarks about other builders ( restore a muscle car , Florida Trans Am Specialties) that I thought were not appropriate as well as remarks about BAB victims which I thought were insensitive. Here is the Email regarding BAB victims and how he feels about his " SUPER T A".

Hey George,

I checked out the news clip. Lots of people who will never get their dream TA.

Well, we will still keep building our one a year or so Super Bandits and doing some occasional customer work. The '78 Fisher T top in our opinion is the best there is to build from. Never really cared for the Hurst Hatch design. Hopefully, in time, our name will get to be known for good quality builds and our small business will pick up. We will concentrate to builds $50k and up. As Bob proved, you can't properly build a nice TA for less than that unless you build it yourself and save on labor charges. Our last build was $30k out of pocket when all was added up. That $30k plus the 1,500 labor hours adds up to be an expensive TA. My son's labor charge is still $20 per hour and I charge $25 per hour. Even at that low hourly rate, it is easy to spend over $30k in labor charges. I guess people who ordered a TA from Bob didn't take the time to understand just how much it really takes to custom build a nice TA and thus were caught off guard with Bob not delivering. If those people had realized that it takes at least $20k out of pocket to build one, they all would have realized there was no way they could purchase one for under $20k.

Your build still rolling along smoothly? I would think that it is about finished being we started our build after your builder started working on yours and we have competed and sold ours. Although, we didn't have the hindrance of money issues which can hold up progress sometimes.

Bill Webb
 Southern Classic Trans Ams

And this one regarding other builders. Please keep in mind that I think this guy used to be in Real Estate and has now transitioned to T A's. I know he is a member of this site but I'm just printing what he wrote . You guys be the judge. I asked him to stop contacting me.

Hey George,

I ran out of space in my reply thorough ebay response for this question. What do you calculate your total build cost to be when all is completed? I know what Restore a Muscle car charges, what Rick at Trans Am Specialties of Florida charges and a what can be expected in a Year One BRE build, but as of yet, you haven't told me what you have spent for the engine, Bob's work and with your current builder.

I know our price is lower than the three mentioned above and our quality level is a few notches higher than what Rick people can do.  Is your current builder like Bob where he could sell you a body and completely restore it nicely for under $20k?

I really am curious. Your emails to me always sound like our prices are unreasonable.

Bill Webb
              Southern Classic Trans Ams

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #1399 on: June 08, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »
unfortunately his (webbs) comments about the costs involved in a build are not untrue, just sad that bob duped so many into thinking it could be done for much less
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1400 on: June 08, 2013, 05:44:54 PM »
And just for the record, I have around 43K in my build ( the 15.5K I sent to BAB is included as well as the 4500.00 for the Bruce Fulper 400) and that's with 17  inch year ones', x-pypes ( webb does not do this) Ram Air restoration ceramic coated  manifolds( webb uses headers) a 200r4 tranny( webb uses 3 speed autos or 4 speeds) power windows and locks ( webb's are mechanical) fuel injection( webb's are carburated) in dash Kenwood 990 with back up cam ( webb uses standard radios) remote trunk latch ( webb does not) rear window defogger ( not on Webb's cars). Webb's cars do not use a low pressure switch on the A/C ( according to my builder that's a no-no). I have 7-way power seats ( webb's cars don't offer that)

I just feel he does not need to put down other builders if in deed he builds a quality product, people will come to him.
  Again I realize this may not be the appropriate place for this post but I just want to point out that there ARE reasonable builders out there that don't shout out how good they are . Dennis of Allmusclecars is just such a builder. He has worked with me every step of the way to minimize my expenditures.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:48:59 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline gamermyj

• A Young Driver
« Reply #1401 on: June 10, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
You're bashing Webb pretty hard here. Probably shouldnt do that after accusing him of doing the same, eh?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1402 on: June 10, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
The difference is I'm not a builder. Plus I did not solicite his input or advice. The Emails I received were over aa year or so time span. They just kept coming. These are just samples  of the 10 or 15 I received.

I'm not saying he builds a bad car. I never said "A" builder is 2 or 3 notches in quality above "B" builder.

I stated what he offers in his builds and what I received in my build and it was less money.

And if you think that's bashing? Well I did ask you to be the judge so in the interest of fairness....enough said.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1403 on: June 10, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »
Guy's perhaps it would be best to keep this thread strictly about Bob the bandit.  This way when someone Google's Build a Bandit the thread that pops up will be soley about his evil schemes.

A new thread could always be started on that builder if you feel other Pontiac enthusiasts would like the information.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1404 on: June 10, 2013, 02:20:51 PM »
Agreed, it kinda took on a life of it's own. I thought better when I first posted it. Live and learn!

thanks KJ for steering this back where it belongs.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1405 on: June 10, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
A clerk at the courthouse called and told me that I have to fill out the magistrate summons.  It's form AOC-CVM-100.

I wish they had a full list of items needed on their website.  It sure would make things a lot easier.  Oh well, she was nice enough about it and gave me the form number instead of making me hunt for it.

30 days or less and this will all be over for me unless I get the added bonus of being able to speak at their criminal trials.  Those would be trips well worth taking.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #1406 on: June 11, 2013, 12:25:53 AM »
You're bashing Webb pretty hard here.

wouldn't call it bashing, just comparing numbers, I think we all can agree these cars are not cheap to redo if you want a decent result. hard to believe webb  still has an hourly shop rate of $20/25. glad you found your new guy flounder
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1407 on: June 11, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
Thanks HADA, yeah Dennis has been very sympathetic to my plight and feels Bob gave people like himself a bad name and he wants to change that. He has helped many BAB victims retreive what's left of there cars. AND he has helped people like me and Joe Godar get the mess Bob called " fully restored" back into more than reasonable shape.

Offline johnc9909

« Reply #1408 on: June 12, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
This may be a dumb question but what makes you guys think Bob will show up to court especially with all the warrants and the failure to appear in the AG case.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1409 on: June 12, 2013, 09:08:27 PM »
Jay, the dumb questions are the ones that you don't ask. Jay I don't care if he does not show up. If he does not respond or show or ask for a delay he is tried in absentia and we win our judgement. If he shows up, he gets arrested. Win, win either way!